PDA

View Full Version : papercut on bizhub 364e

Custom Search

beaker020
01-04-2017, 03:03 PM
I am trying, with the help of ACDI, to set up papercut on a bizhub 364e. We are using an AU 205H. I have configured the reader in keyboard wedge mode and loaded the keyboard wedge loadable driver. When presented with a card, the reader beeps but the copier does not respond. There are no messages in the log.

I have tried special firmware GD1-K9 and updated the au 205 to 4.02.

Any ideas?

sparks45
01-04-2017, 03:43 PM
Have you set the device to card in service mode under billing setting? also the device needs configured within Papercut for card authentication. it will default to windows credentials if not told otherwise within Papercut

seth.ingram
01-05-2017, 11:20 PM
The key to success is you must configure the reader for keyboard emulation mode and also make sure that the card reader provides a Enter Key press after sending the card data. This can be tested by connecting the card reader to a PC and opening up notepad. If the card number is displayed and then cursor goes to next line you know it is configured correctly. I am providing a screenshot of that portion of the AU205 setup screen for reference.

Then as long as the AU205 Keyboard wedge driver is loaded on your KM copier and PaperCut card authentication has been selected for that device you should be good to go.

I am trying, with the help of ACDI, to set up papercut on a bizhub 364e. We are using an AU 205H. I have configured the reader in keyboard wedge mode and loaded the keyboard wedge loadable driver. When presented with a card, the reader beeps but the copier does not respond. There are no messages in the log.

I have tried special firmware GD1-K9 and updated the au 205 to 4.02.

Any ideas?

wseyller
01-10-2017, 04:16 AM
What is the advantage of the keyboard wedge thing. I mean the card reader works fine for me with papercut without any modifications. I don't work on copiers anymore as I'm was moved to our managed IT division but I still do have to deal with papercut stuff some. Haven't had time for training on these things lately.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Custom Search