PDA

View Full Version : Going to inspect a Bizhub C452...cyan toner changed, now cyan on every copy.

Custom Search

Foo
01-07-2017, 04:02 PM
I subcontract out to a local company to help with their overflow copier work.
On Monday they want me to go look at a K-M Bizhub C452.
This is the first K-M I have had the pleasure of servicing! 17 years doing this and my first one!
Ricoh's are my "oh I can that" brand.

The end user says they replaced the Cyan toner and now there is cyan colored toner on every copy.
The toner, I'm told, is OEM.
There were no issues before the toner change.

Any ideas where to start? Obviously the toner cartridge is suspect.

Are there any known issues I should be looking for?

Edit: I don't have a service manual for this...hint hint.

Thanks
Jeff in STL

Woxner
01-07-2017, 04:17 PM
take the image unit it may have under toned and pulled dev.

copier tech
01-07-2017, 08:52 PM
Sounds like a simple fix as mentioned above, the cyan image unit is a complete drum & dev in one (unlike Ricoh)

There is a known issue on this model where the cyan dev gets pulled into the waste toner caused by a faulty HVT but start with a new cyan IU.

blackcat4866
01-07-2017, 09:37 PM
As described above. The developer becomes more and more toned up until it errors out.Just replace the image unit and calibrate. Easy peasy. =^..^=

Woxner
01-07-2017, 10:07 PM
one other thing to remember if they keep trying to shake the toner to get more out it will undertone dev and pull dev. also make sure the toner port seal is not blocking the hole

Foo
01-08-2017, 12:39 AM
All great ideas!

I'll report back on my results.

Thanks Again

Jeff

Desert Rat
01-08-2017, 03:19 PM
I just had a C452 with a similar problem on the black. The salesman went over to replace the chip on the black drum and knocked the sliding shutter off the
top of the black dev unit. This started a chain of events that lead to a replace black toner message that would not clear.
As it turns out that slide shutter also opens the shutter under the toner sub hopper. The machine tried to add toner and it packed the sub hopper
to the point the motor could not produce enough torque to over come the solid toner and it started a clicking kind of grunting noise.
You may want to make sure the shutter on the cyan is still in place. This could also cause an under toned condition in the dev portion of
the IU.

DR

Foo
01-14-2017, 02:12 AM
As described above. The developer becomes more and more toned up until it errors out.Just replace the image unit and calibrate. Easy peasy. =^..^=

I have an Image Unit coming for the first of the week.

Can you describe what goes into the calibrate process?
Basically a quick "how to" if you can.

Jeff

blackcat4866
01-14-2017, 02:22 AM
You don't have a service manual yet?

Enter service mode > Image Processing button > Stabilization and Gradation > select Stabilization > Start > when done select Print > select the ledger/A3 sized paper > Start > when the page is printed position it with the squares towards the left index plate, and 20 blank ledger pages behind it > Start > repeat two more times for Print > repeat the same procedure three times for Copy.

That's it. =^..^=

Foo
01-16-2017, 06:31 PM
You don't have a service manual yet?

Enter service mode > Image Processing button > Stabilization and Gradation > select Stabilization > Start > when done select Print > select the ledger/A3 sized paper > Start > when the page is printed position it with the squares towards the left index plate, and 20 blank ledger pages behind it > Start > repeat two more times for Print > repeat the same procedure three times for Copy.

That's it. =^..^=

Thank you, and yes I have spent sometime in the Service Manual.
This is my first service of a K-M product. Not very many of them in St. Louis.
15+ years servicing copiers. Zero experience with K-M, please be patient with me.:)

As I read your procedure above, it seems to have an "extra" section after the Stabilization is finished.
I don't see this in the manual.
Is it an extra step that K-M techs do for better results? (I have a couple of things I do to my Ricoh's too).

A couple (4) of questions about the procedure:
1.)"When done select print" Am I still in service mode at this point?

2.)"Select Ledger size paper" Ok I'm pretty sure this customer doesn't use or even have 11x17 paper in the building.

3.)"When the page is printed position it with the squares towards the left index plate" Why are there squares on my print? And print side down on the glass I presume.

4.)"And 20 blank ledger pages behind it" And (what? stack, run, etc...) 20 blank ledger pages behind (why behind, not sure what this is meaning) it.

Then wash rinse and repeat 3 times to the copies.

Thank you so much for your help.

Jeff in STL

blackcat4866
01-17-2017, 12:20 AM
Thank you, and yes I have spent sometime in the Service Manual.
This is my first service of a K-M product. Not very many of them in St. Louis.
15+ years servicing copiers. Zero experience with K-M, please be patient with me.:)

As I read your procedure above, it seems to have an "extra" section after the Stabilization is finished.
I don't see this in the manual.
Is it an extra step that K-M techs do for better results? (I have a couple of things I do to my Ricoh's too).

A couple (4) of questions about the procedure:
1.)"When done select print" Am I still in service mode at this point? Yes, the soft Print button on the display.

2.)"Select Ledger size paper" Ok I'm pretty sure this customer doesn't use or even have 11x17 paper in the building. Bring some LGR. You'll get better results than trying to align two LTR sheets.

3.)"When the page is printed position it with the squares towards the left index plate" Why are there squares on my print? And print side down on the glass I presume. The squares are there so that you know which edge to place by the index plate. Yes, print side down.

4.)"And 20 blank ledger pages behind it" And (what? stack, run, etc...) 20 blank ledger pages behind (why behind, not sure what this is meaning) it. Place printed pattern face down on the glass. Add more paper as weight to press the paper down firmly to the glass.

OK?

Foo
01-26-2017, 07:11 PM
Just thought I'd close out this thread.
I did go and install the image assy. as advised by several on here.
I ran the routines as instructed also.

Bottom line is that it's working fine now and the customer is a happy camper.

Thanks to everyone that replied with help!

Jeff in STL

blackcat4866
01-27-2017, 12:06 AM
Congratulations on your success! Thanks for posting back. =^..^=

Custom Search