PDA

View Full Version : transfer of all address book, settings and accounting from a 4 series to 4 7 or 8 ser

Custom Search

Synthohol
01-09-2017, 08:45 PM
USB Backup/Copy Function
Applied Machines: C224e-C754e, 224e-754e

Starting with Firmware version C8 (released Feb 12, 2014) the applied machines can backup, restore, and copy Address Book, Network Settings, User Settings, Authentication Data, Remote Access Settings, and Administrator Settings. Excellent alternative to Pagescope Data Administrator for field technicians due to the fact it does not require use of a laptop and more simple process. Security Settings in Pagescope Web Connection will not be copied through this procedure.
1. Prerequisites
o USB thumb drive
o Correct MFP model with C8 Firmware Loaded or newer.

Saving data to USB Drive
1. Verify Machine Firmware in Service Mode is at least C8 and set Software Switch 72 to Hex 04. Service Mode>System 2>Software Switch Settings>Switch No.=72 Hex Assingment=04>Fix>End>Exit>Reboot Machine

2. Plug USB into Side Port of MFP

3. Administrator Mode>2nd Page>External Memory Backup>Export

4. Select desired items you wish to backup>Password>Create a password and input it twice>Start

5. Select Close. Selected Data is now saved on USB drive. Files are saved as a .DAT file so you cannot read/edit them.
6. To transfer settings to a new MFP or apply it to machine from which it was saved follow steps 1 and 2 again.
7. Administrator Mode>2nd page>External Memory Backup>Import
8. Enter Password you created for Backup in step 4>Start

9. Upon completion of Import a results screen will be displayed showing which items were successfully imported from USB
10. Hit Close and you will be pro

emujo
01-09-2017, 09:09 PM
This does work as posted, but not every setting will be copied over. My advice is to take a look at the device you just cloned and go over each setting, about 90% of the settings do make it, but things like SSL settings do not, we also found that USER/Printer/basic and printer settings don't all get copied over, default subject lines for scan and fax, fax header settings, TX report don't make it either. It does cut down on repetitive setups, but again, not 100% gets copied. Emujo

Synthohol
01-09-2017, 10:17 PM
yeah, mainly the address book can be a PITA if you have to type all over again.
this procedure has been around for a while but i never saw it posted here by itself.

thanks for clarifying it only does the bulk of the work, the unique settings like fax headers etc. have to be set manually.

copyman
01-09-2017, 10:25 PM
I'm assuming this procedure doesn't work from the older machines to the new machines? I haven't had any success. Tried from a C253 to a C224 and couldn't get it to work.

Synthohol
01-09-2017, 11:09 PM
Starting with Firmware version C8 for the 4 series and up only, the older ones are dead.

Rvale
01-10-2017, 11:45 AM
sorry on taht but its a different file structure, no compatibility at all, even with the newest firm. avalilable. to speed it up i use the pagescope with some ctrl-c and -v but its just next door to starting it all from scratch. greets.

larweedad
01-10-2017, 01:33 PM
Used this idea to set up access codes on 10 4e and 7 copiers. On the 7 series the print without authentication blocks the print job. Had to put their I'd code on drivers to print.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

tech51
01-12-2017, 03:24 PM
This does work as posted, but not every setting will be copied over. My advice is to take a look at the device you just cloned and go over each setting, about 90% of the settings do make it, but things like SSL settings do not, we also found that USER/Printer/basic and printer settings don't all get copied over, default subject lines for scan and fax, fax header settings, TX report don't make it either. It does cut down on repetitive setups, but again, not 100% gets copied. Emujo

On this topic, when copying the user boxes over, does it copy the data within the boxes or just the box names etc?

Its just that I have a customer who keeps documents in their boxes that they want to move from a C224e to a C368 and I need to find to find an easy way.

Thanks...

copier tech
04-16-2019, 09:07 AM
Quick question, i’ve just backed up a C258 while I wait for their replacement C458 to be delivered, my question is are all the smtp scan to email settings saved, the auth password for example as this is not known to anyone.

rrrohan
04-16-2019, 09:35 AM
On this topic, when copying the user boxes over, does it copy the data within the boxes or just the box names etc?

Its just that I have a customer who keeps documents in their boxes that they want to move from a C224e to a C368 and I need to find to find an easy way.

Thanks...

this wont copy userboxes at all

I'm assuming this procedure doesn't work from the older machines to the new machines? I haven't had any success. Tried from a C253 to a C224 and couldn't get it to work.

I think its 4 series or newer, def not a 253 though. I heard it does work on a C360 but must be different switch as 72 to 04 does nothing

Quick question, i’ve just backed up a C258 while I wait for their replacement C458 to be delivered, my question is are all the smtp scan to email settings saved, the auth password for example as this is not known to anyone.

i just double checked this for you and on a new run up and it worked on itself. didnt have another machine handy to see if it transfers between machines ok though

copier tech
04-16-2019, 07:22 PM
this wont copy userboxes at all

I think its 4 series or newer, def not a 253 though. I heard it does work on a C360 but must be different switch as 72 to 04 does nothing

i just double checked this for you and on a new run up and it worked on itself. didnt have another machine handy to see if it transfers between machines ok though

All good it does save all the SMTP & folder details ( if you choose a password when exporting)

Custom Search