PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 224e crooked prints.

Custom Search

scottybbb
01-10-2017, 05:21 PM
I have a Bizhub 224e that is pulling crooked from tray 1 only. I have replaced the feed and separator rollers. I can crash the machine and see it is crooked coming out of that tray. Other trays work fine. Pulled feed assembly off and did not see anything unusual. Tried swapping metal lift plate with another tray in case it was bent. Ran out of ideas. Anybody seen this problem.

Synthohol
01-10-2017, 11:02 PM
just saw the same exact issue 4 hours ago, i tried changing trays with another machine, ng then i replace the feed rollers and still skews only on tray 1. upon close inspection i see the sep roller shaft seems slightly bent? seems to contact the feed tire almost perfect but at the white spring torque limiter as i spin the sep roller i see the gap get wider and thinner so and i ordered a new feed assy after replacing the torque limiter as well. im not playing around trying to bend it back. ill post back if that fixes it.

blackcat4866
01-11-2017, 01:22 AM
A while back I had a 454e that started jamming and skewing after only about 6K prints on new tires. When I inspected the tires the separation roller had worn tapered to one end. What I noticed is that the whole frame assembly is quite flexible, and the rollers don't mate evenly. On my feed unit I re-formed the metal reinforcement into a very slight parabolic warp.

I had changed the rollers twice in the first 12K ... and not in the last two years. =^..^=

scottybbb
01-18-2017, 12:14 AM
Hey Synthol did you find a fix for this problem/

Synthohol
01-18-2017, 01:18 AM
i replace the whole feed assy and it got 70% better, still skews only tray 1 about 1mm as opposed to the 8mm before.
not a 100% cure for me im afraid, ive changed trays, feed assy and cannot make it as good as tray 2.
i checked everything it touches in the door and im almost convinced something in the frame is bent or how the tray sits in the rails etc..
if i go back ill post any new findings.

manuelcorrea
01-18-2017, 08:08 PM
Try replacing the registration roller assembly

Synthohol
01-18-2017, 10:09 PM
not to hijack the thread, in my case you could see the paper skewed even before it reaches the reg roller. :(

scottybbb
01-19-2017, 07:02 PM
Mine is skewed before it hits the registration roller also. Had apart a second time. Can't decide if it is coming from the tray or feed assembly. Trays 2 and 3 work fine.

Synthohol
01-19-2017, 07:37 PM
Yup same. Trays 2 3 and 4 all printed perfect.
I even tried another paper tray so that leaves the door?
Dunno unless they call back I'm just gonna pray the other trays don't ever run out of paper.
I set tray 1 as the last priority tray.

HOEThumbTwiddler
02-16-2017, 11:58 AM
I have had this and the 9x white rollers at the top of the feed unit was the problem
4034352501 ROLLER

The roller furthest to the left had toner/oil (from previous engineer lubricating reg roller bushings!!:mad::mad::mad:)
This wasn't really turning after cleaning ran over 200 pages ok
also had loaded paper folded over in ream causing skew. guessing you would have checked that!

guitar9199
02-16-2017, 02:09 PM
If you look at the vertical path coming out of the cassette, there's a clear plastic guide that's in front of the shaft that is supposed to have a spring on each end of it. I've seen some where one of the springs has gotten lost or the post on one end has broken off, and the symptom was exactly as you described.

Just a thought.

leprosydog777
01-15-2019, 08:33 PM
hello I have been working on these for years and I finnaly came across this problem. I changed tray 1 and even the feed unit still has the problem only using tray 1 not 2 any thoughts

darry1322
01-15-2019, 08:38 PM
A guy in our shop was telling me this morning about a Bizhub he was working on ( not sure which model) that was skewing from tray 1 only. Ended up cleaning the metal roller behind the registration roller and it cleared. He said when he rolled paper into the registration rollers he could feel more tension on one end than the other.

leprosydog777
01-16-2019, 06:01 PM
A guy in our shop was telling me this morning about a Bizhub he was working on ( not sure which model) that was skewing from tray 1 only. Ended up cleaning the metal roller behind the registration roller and it cleared. He said when he rolled paper into the registration rollers he could feel more tension on one end than the other.

Thanks Im going to bring out a registration unit

tech51
01-16-2019, 07:01 PM
Try lubing the reg roller bushes. Had that causing skew a few times.

Custom Search