PDA

View Full Version : Biz C203 FW?

Custom Search

mjunkaged
01-10-2017, 08:04 PM
I've got a Biz C203 throwing up recoverable C4553's. Can I get the correct FW using only the S.N.? Mine starts with A02E01.
If I need to get current versions I'd have to go on-site, and would rather not bill them until I have the firmware on my CF card. I should already have flashing SW from previous KM firmware.
Thanks in advance guys!:cool:

Woxner
01-10-2017, 09:20 PM
Sent you a PM

mjunkaged
01-11-2017, 12:41 AM
We're waiting on a new yellow I/U to see if it doesn't kill both the error code AND the funny misregistry of the yellow on the page. Otherwise, maybe P/H as reflashing firmware did not fix it. :cool:

mjunkaged
01-12-2017, 04:31 PM
We're waiting on a new yellow I/U to see if it doesn't kill both the error code AND the funny misregistry of the yellow on the page. Otherwise, maybe P/H as reflashing firmware did not fix it. :cool:

Failed to mention the other yellow problem in my first post, yellow color was being printed in the wrong place on the page as well. Firmware is now up to date, did not fix either problem, even with DS 12 in ES mode set to on.
Did image stab+initialize, which cut way down on error, and Data reset under initialize seemed to put yellow back on the page in the right spot, but started deviating after only a couple dozen black/color prints. The BW PQ is always fine, which is why it was left broken for so long.
SM states a scratched yellow drum can cause the color shifted off the page under image troubleshooting. So I will follow up when it's fixed for good. :p
I'll also clean IDC sensors and belt sensors again when I'm on my knees next time.

tech51
01-12-2017, 06:19 PM
g
c4553 = failed yellow print head. No amount of firmware will fix it, you need to replace it.

mjunkaged
01-12-2017, 06:53 PM
g
c4553 = failed yellow print head. No amount of firmware will fix it, you need to replace it.
I'd agree with you if only it would finally NOT be reset by opening/closing the front cover. I'm working on the problem, I'll post when it's fixed, even it if DOES end up being the laser....sorry, half of this has been private between myself and W in PM's. :cool:

tech51
01-13-2017, 07:03 PM
I'd agree with you if only it would finally NOT be reset by opening/closing the front cover. I'm working on the problem, I'll post when it's fixed, even it if DOES end up being the laser....sorry, half of this has been private between myself and W in PM's. :cool:
The fault code will appear randomly and can always be reset, but will come back.

A few years ago KM modified the ph units and we had to replace all the print heads on all our machines.
Took us months to get round them all and we all got to the point where we could replace all four of them, and set up the colour reg in under an hour.
After a while though even the modded units started to fail, but it was far less frequent than before.
Happy days!

mjunkaged
01-19-2017, 09:04 PM
I tried to follow up on this yesterday, but I crashed the site! I'm SURE it was my fault! :rolleyes:

Went back yesterday, replaced nasty looking yellow IU with new OEM one, cleaned IDC sensors, restored missing/erased data (side issue, never mind!), Ran GRAD 3x, Ran STAB w/out INIT 3x, which seemed to make it happy. Before that, it would code out EVERY TIME I tried to run STAB. Strange symptom: when I put in the IU, it gave me a 'replace IUs and toners' message, which would not go away until I cycled panel side power switch! Weird.

It seems to code out with the C4553 error much less (hopefully not at all but maybe just warmer weather 'fixed' it temp.), and the yellow color shifting OFF THE PAGE is gone!! So, we're waiting and seeing. I'll repost if it (yellow laser error, color shift or entire machine) fails all the way any time soon.

Custom Search