PDA

View Full Version : bizhub c224e copy skew off glass

Custom Search

Boltaction
01-10-2017, 09:10 PM
Hey guys, I have a bizhub c224e that is printing out crooked copies. Skew is about 2mm to the left on the bottom side of an 8 1/2 x 11 letter document. Prints are normal.
Performed sub scan zoom adjustments, lead edge and side edge scanner adjustments.
I see that there is a mechanical adjustment for the ADF mirror but doesnt look like there is an adjustment for the main scanner mirrors. Anything else I could be missing?
Once again this is for copies off the glass.

Woxner
01-10-2017, 09:23 PM
if its off the glass why are you adjusting the ADF. are internal print straight or crooked.

Boltaction
01-10-2017, 09:41 PM
As stated in my post, the prints are normal. No adjustments were made to the ADF as it is skewed off the glass.

copier addict
01-10-2017, 09:55 PM
Did you do the front left corner lift? Sometimes the scanner bed will sag in the front left corner, give it a quick lift and it should straighten. You can also remove the rear left cover and left scanner cover, loosen appropriate screws, lift gently while re-tightening the screws.

Boltaction
01-10-2017, 10:07 PM
Yes we did try lifting up on the left front corner while making a copy and it made no difference. Seems like there should be another service mode adjustment for scanner skew but so far have not found anything else.

The main scanner mirror does look like its off just a little but not ready to go digging into it as there is no screw adjustment like there is for the ADF mirrors

blackcat4866
01-11-2017, 01:42 AM
Check the easy things first.

Each mirror has a spring loaded clip: make sure it isn't escaping, and that each mirror is tight.
Each mirror assy has glides that ride on the rails: make sure all the glides are securely attached, on clean rails, lightly lubricated with 30W oil.
Make sure that the wire ropes are not loose or overlapped on the hub.

There is a bit of slack in the lens mounting slots. You might make some alignment marks on the lens base, then move it around a bit. Just the unpainted screws, not the painted ones. =^..^=

Boltaction
01-13-2017, 03:50 PM
Hey guys, letting you know we were able to resolve the problem. The main scanner mirror has a screw just below the frame on the front side that as it loosened you could adjust the position of the mirrors.

Thanks for the responses

blackcat4866
01-14-2017, 01:25 AM
Congratulations on your success. =^..^=

Custom Search