PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous bizhub c554e: Here is a riddle for ya

Custom Search

LiL PDF
01-11-2017, 08:03 AM
:confused:
Here in California and I was gonna post but I wanted to run a thought/question/scenario by you:

(Mac User)

User shoots 150+ HDR photos on their iPhone
AirDrops to server
Opens all in Preview

Prints 8.5"x11" Full Color to a Konica BizHub c554e w/ Fiery attached on back.
The network is on a 10/100 line & handles files of similar size no problem (Adobe InDesign / Photoshop / Illustrator files)

The MFP (we've tired this on a production machine and the results are similar):

-Prints very slowly
-Page by page
-Jobs stack behind the users 150 photo print and causes issues.

I know these are like 50-70+ ppmin printers & I've seen them churn and burn thru excel sheets at higher speeds but when these users send their files it goes very slow.

Even when the user shrinks the file from 40"x33" to 12"x9" and prints to 8.5"x11" paper the printer lags.

Printing locally from the users machine is the same result as printing the files from the server.

My question is: how to I speed up these large multi-file prints?

Even when the user exports all the photos in a single file as a pdf it prints slowly page by page.

I was thinking of posting this as a question/topic but I'm not sure if there are 'subreddits' or groups I should direct it to? Any Suggestions what what to title it? (Fiery issue?, File format c554 Konica?)

If you could direct me towards where to post and maybe even help with a solution. This is why I reached out to you.

Any reply, letting me know how to better phrase these questions and what details to include and exclude would be greatly appreciated as well!

Thanks!
- BAUR

(please help me sort these out too)
My Thoughts on possible fixes:
1 gig nic card?
export files to a different format/ thru a differnt pipeline?

graffitiartist7
01-12-2017, 06:41 PM
This problem occurs because Graphics Device Interface (GDI) does not compress raster data when the GDI processes EMF spool files and generates EMF spool files.

This problem is very prominent with printers that support higher resolutions. The size of the raster data increases by four times if the dots-per-inch (dpi) in the file increases by two times. For example, a .pdf file of 1 megabyte (MB) may generate an EMF spool file of 500 MB. Therefore, you may notice that the printing process decreases in performance.

With higher resolution cameras, this means higher resolution photos, which means bigger files, and longer wait times. Also the print speeds are only based on 5% toner coverage per page. Memory upgrade, and gigabit nic card may help but i'm uncertain. It also very well could be a bad network switch as i had a similar issue and that was the issue.

Before swapping any hardware try this.

To bypass EMF spooling, follow these steps:

Open the properties dialog box for the printer.
Click the Advanced tab.
Click the Print directly to the printer option.

Give it a shot and let us know if this helps at all.

Best of luck!

habik
01-12-2017, 10:13 PM
This problem occurs because Graphics Device Interface (GDI) does not compress raster data when the GDI processes EMF spool files and generates EMF spool files.

This problem is very prominent with printers that support higher resolutions. The size of the raster data increases by four times if the dots-per-inch (dpi) in the file increases by two times. For example, a .pdf file of 1 megabyte (MB) may generate an EMF spool file of 500 MB. Therefore, you may notice that the printing process decreases in performance.

With higher resolution cameras, this means higher resolution photos, which means bigger files, and longer wait times. Also the print speeds are only based on 5% toner coverage per page. Memory upgrade, and gigabit nic card may help but i'm uncertain. It also very well could be a bad network switch as i had a similar issue and that was the issue.

Before swapping any hardware try this.

To bypass EMF spooling, follow these steps:

Open the properties dialog box for the printer.
Click the Advanced tab.
Click the Print directly to the printer option.

Give it a shot and let us know if this helps at all.

Best of luck!

Hats down. Simple and effective.

Mr Spock
01-12-2017, 10:55 PM
try saving as a pdf and use another pdf viewer (foxit for example) and see if it is any faster.

try saving as a pdf placing file on thumbdrive and using machines print from usb and see if it is faster.

If first option is faster then it is an adobe issue which may or may not be resolved in a future release/patch.
If first option is no change then it is probably a file size issue a faster nic may help slightly.
If second option is faster then it is either an adobe issue or file size issue and there may not be anything to do to fix it.

Custom Search