PDA

View Full Version : C280 c2557

Custom Search

paulrid
01-11-2017, 03:26 PM
Hi all,
need some advice on a c280 with low black TCR.
Got a call from the customer saying it was coding c2557 and also making a funny noise, went to machine and level was around 3% and wouldn't come up, prints looked fine and half tones were very good but would code. It also would make a grinding noise from time to time.
Putting the noise to one side for the moment I was more concerned with the code so far I have changed the black dev unit which very quickly went down to around 3%, checked toner cartridge rotation and hopper, changed transfer belt reseated drums Dev none of which made any difference.
now back to the noise, it sound like it coming from around the transfer belt fuser drive area but not too sure but what I don't know is why it also happens when I'm trying to manually add toner, do you know what else the machine does when it's TCRing? Or is it something else?
any advice really appreciated.
thanks Paul.

HitMan
01-11-2017, 03:57 PM
Hi all,
need some advice on a c280 with low black TCR.
Got a call from the customer saying it was coding c2557 and also making a funny noise, went to machine and level was around 3% and wouldn't come up, prints looked fine and half tones were very good but would code. It also would make a grinding noise from time to time.
Putting the noise to one side for the moment I was more concerned with the code so far I have changed the black dev unit which very quickly went down to around 3%, checked toner cartridge rotation and hopper, changed transfer belt reseated drums Dev none of which made any difference.
now back to the noise, it sound like it coming from around the transfer belt fuser drive area but not too sure but what I don't know is why it also happens when I'm trying to manually add toner, do you know what else the machine does when it's TCRing? Or is it something else?
any advice really appreciated.
thanks Paul.

Its possible you have an issue with the toner hopper, I found a loose connection on one of these machines before. I'm sure all I had to do was push the connector in. One side was loose at the toner hopper, the tcr sensors are located on there. The noise is probably a build up of toner in the transfer belt cleaner. The toner goes hard and the coil that's meant to feed out the toner gets jammed up, give it a good hoover out. Hope this helps

avecosat
01-11-2017, 04:47 PM
It is possible that the clutch of the main drive , I pass twice this incidence.

Max
01-12-2017, 09:37 AM
100% toner hopper blocked up/broken gears

paulrid
01-12-2017, 01:45 PM
Thanks all for the advice, I was thinking toward the hopper but I have not come across this before on this type of machine but it makes sense to me :)
I have just got one out of a parts machine that didn't have this problem but its a C360, I assuming its the same apart from the lugs or whatever they are called to stop you putting in C280 toner?
Either way I'll fit it and see :)
I'll update you.
Thanks again Paul.

paulrid
01-17-2017, 12:41 PM
That 100% is still 100% :) Fitted sub hopper and all is well.

Many thanks for the help

Paul.

Custom Search