PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta Bizhub C220 - Huge Black Stripes

Custom Search

joaopauloooo
01-12-2017, 03:51 PM
I have a Bizhub C220 that is working perfectly when suddenly it starts printing some huge black stripes that begins to fade after 2 prints and are gone by the 6th or 7th print.
This issue started 2 days ago and keeps happening at least 1 time a day. Apart when it happens, the printer is working great all day long, printing about 400 pages a day.

The attached page shows the issue, I scanned only the first page with the issue. This is an A4. The page before that was perfect and the next one has this issue but a little bit lighter, the next one gets lighter until it reaches the 7th page where there is no more stripes, only the perfect print. The document gets printed perfectly in all the pages, even the ones with stripes.

Some info on the machine:
Bizhub C220 from 2011
Total printed pages: 321k (color: 78k | bk: 243k)
Black DR: 47%
Black DV: 54%

HitMan
01-12-2017, 04:29 PM
I have a Bizhub C220 that is working perfectly when suddenly it starts printing some huge black stripes that begins to fade after 2 prints and are gone by the 6th or 7th print.
This issue started 2 days ago and keeps happening at least 1 time a day. Apart when it happens, the printer is working great all day long, printing about 400 pages a day.

The attached page shows the issue, I scanned only the first page with the issue. This is an A4. The page before that was perfect and the next one has this issue but a little bit lighter, the next one gets lighter until it reaches the 7th page where there is no more stripes, only the perfect print. The document gets printed perfectly in all the pages, even the ones with stripes.

Some info on the machine:
Bizhub C220 from 2011
Total printed pages: 321k (color: 78k | bk: 243k)
Black DR: 47%
Black DV: 54%

Definitely go for the easy option and try replacing the drum and development unit. It's looks as though you can see the tiny lines that are on the imaging unit in that example. If that doesn't work then I would suggest memory ram may have to be reseated or replaced

Custom Search