PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C35 "Initializing" forever

Custom Search

TheBlueOrleans
01-13-2017, 09:17 PM
Per user statement their C35 upon reboot will display "initializing" and never change. Gets past the logo screen, so I'm not suspecting the network forcing FW update the machine doesn't like (been there, done that, started a thread about it, turns out it was fricking ROKU devices on network... BTDTSATAITOIWFRDON) but my instinct says MFPB may be failing. They say they haven't been able to retrieve jobs from memory due to the initializing lockup.

User also reports no running sound from the machine.

Note: I have not been to this call yet, I'm as swamped as D.C. is (except I'm swamped with calls , they're swamped with partisanship and corruption), so I thought it wise to ask here if anyone had experienced similar, and if so, what they had done to repair it.
I'm hesitant to believe it's a simple firmware update, but at this point in servicing C35s, I'm not ruling anything out.

mo0651
01-16-2017, 02:37 PM
You can try cleaning the inside of machine, laser slit glass and sensors. If that doesn't work, try disconnecting the HDD and restarting the machine. If it comes up it's the HDD.:cool:

TheBlueOrleans
01-16-2017, 03:19 PM
Disconnected network and fax cables, removed HDD and booted machine.
never got past logo screen.
reconnected HDD, booted machine, got past logo screen, to "Welcome!" and "Initializing", and nothing further. Buttons on screen react when pressed, but don't progress to different screen. Just says "Ready to Copy" and Initializing". Hardkeys do not respond either.

edit: removed HDD a second time, booted and it came up, but only to Initializing. Will replace HDD and update.
second edit: Senior technician advised to replace lamp instead of HDD (helpful since I don't have an HDD to replace it with at the moment), and also states that the machine should display an error code if left alone to "initialize" for long enough. I never saw one, but I'll try this anyway. (ordered an HDD F.O.C. just in case. if I don't need it I can send it back.)

Ben Around
01-16-2017, 03:42 PM
I've had this problem a few times. But I can't remember specifically what fixed it.
If you're getting the same problem with the HDD disconnected, then replacing the HDD will not fix it.

Try cleaning the optics. Remove the ADF and open the scanner unit up. Clean the lamp, reflectors, white strip etc. You might need to replace the exposure lamp but cleaning usually helps.

I had a customer who would power the machine down for 5-10 minutes and turn it back on. That would get the machine to come to ready.

If I can think of anything else I'll let you know. These machines have lots of issues.
I'm on my way to go fix a broken scanner belt on one right now. I just use a small tie strap in place of the metal crimp. WOrks like a champ.

Boltaction
01-16-2017, 06:27 PM
We've had issues with the C35 stuck at "initializing" Replacing the HDD has fixed it but if booting it without the HDD doesn't change the problem then my gut tells me its the main board.

TheBlueOrleans
01-16-2017, 10:14 PM
A few notes about the status of this machine:
It displays the yellow toner as near empty, removing the toner cartridge lets one feel the weight of it, it is nowhere near empty, practically full.
The display never changes, even upon opening the side door, no error is displayed on screen.
I am able to remote into the machine via PageScope, and under Consumables it shows the yellow toner at 1%. Also showed the K IU at 0% so I changed that ("what's the harm in replacing something that needs replaced? Might be the cause of the issue." I thought).
Decided to remove the yellow toner cartridge again, and with flashlight and spring hook I checked behind the black mylar by the toner cartridge sensor, just on a hunch.
Sure enough, the connector to the Y toner sensor is disconnected. So tomorrow morning I'll be disassembling the machine to cut the zipties holding the sensor wire bundle together, rerouting it with a little more slack, and reconnecting the toner sensors (might as well check all 4 if one is out).

Nightmare, especially since that still might not fix the issue.

Will update after that part is done.

TheBlueOrleans
01-17-2017, 09:18 PM
We've had issues with the C35 stuck at "initializing" Replacing the HDD has fixed it but if booting it without the HDD doesn't change the problem then my gut tells me its the main board.

It would seem your gut is one to be trusted. My senior tech (team lead, ages of experience) as well as SSD have advised me to replace the MFPB. So that is what I'll do, as soon as I get my toner-blackened, gear-greased, sneaky-metal-edge-ripped bleeding fingers on one.

C'est la vie.

Oystercopy
01-18-2017, 01:27 AM
The machine initializing seems like the HDD is not letting the machine boot.. any time I've had this problem, its always been the HDD. I would simply re-format it, but I think you have to do it in Admin (not Service) mode on the C-35s. Of course, you'll lose any customer data, so hopefully, that's OK.

One of the many reasons I quit selling the C-35s... they were a headache!
OC

PS, the other issues you're having sound like the FW might be out of date as well.

tech51
01-19-2017, 06:15 PM
Just a thought, although I agree the mfpb may be faulty, you said in your first post that there is no running noises coming from the machine.
If that's the case I would also be looking at the print control board, just in case it can't initialise because no motors are running.
Also have you disconnected the doc feeder?
We had one once where the df was dragging something down on the mfpb.

TheBlueOrleans
01-24-2017, 06:04 PM
Replaced MFPB, swapped SSDB per manual instructions, initializing failure yet again.
replaced SSDB with new that came with MFPB, ran BK Clear, thankfully the meters and serial were stored on the PRCB, so it came up.

Utter annoyance.

Custom Search