PDA

View Full Version : Konica smb "Forward TX Error" on new 8 series (Solution Included)

Custom Search

BHM
01-16-2017, 04:56 PM
(Mods please move or delete if this has already been discussed)

Recently I have been encountering a lot of smb scanning "Forward TX Errors". I thought it was some Win10 update causing issues or something. It seemed to happen on computers that did not have passwords in use even though password protected sharing was off. After some playing around it would then work. Typically I ended up creating a new local user account with a password and that resolved the issue, but it was a lot of hit and miss it seemed.

Then I exported the working addresses that were on a C224e and imported into a C258 and those addresses would fail. That indicated that it was indeed something with the new series. Here is what I found.

Admin mode > Network Settings > SMB Settings > Client Settings > SMB security Signature Setting > Set to Disable

Hope this helps.

REGSIS
01-21-2017, 08:18 AM
I experienced same errors with C227, tried settings as suggested but without success - makes no difference in my case.
I also tried to change other setting on same screen but without result.
With 4 series I usually add permissions for "everyone" to read/write on share folder, with no username and password entered on machine.
With 7 and 8 series this doesn't work and even with 5 and 6 series.

What helps me is to input username and password of existing account (without need to create new account on PC).
If account is no password protected just input username and leave password blank.

Hope this helps someone.

P.S. Always turn public folder sharing ON and password protected sharing OFF in Network settings (advanced options).

Custom Search