PDA

View Full Version : C-364e, can't load firmware...

Custom Search

Oystercopy
01-16-2017, 06:09 PM
I've done everything by the book, but these darn things fight me tooth and nail. I can usually get up to the J6 level, no problem, but beyond that, forget it. I've disconnected the RADF and other Accessories. Tried leaving the HDD disconnected, tried replacing the Memory Chips, etc. Tried loading JUST the MFP Controller F/W for timeout issues. Nothing works.

This has happened on about 3 different machines so far, so there's got to be a fix. Some say the MFP Controller board could be at fault, but I don't wanna go down that road if I don't have to.
On one machine, I had the MFP board repaired by Hytec, but it did not fix the problem.

Has anyone had trouble with the SSD Driver boards causing this?

Thanks in advance!

Boltaction
01-16-2017, 06:31 PM
We've had some that will complete most of the downloads but for some reason it'll come up with SSD download N.G.
But you're saying none of the downloads complete?

copier tech
01-16-2017, 08:58 PM
I have come across this a couple of times, if its not the USB stick (try another one) just restarting a couple of times & trying again usually works. Try with the LAN cable disconnected.

Also if the FW is really outdated try installing an older version then try the latest again.

Oystercopy
01-17-2017, 03:59 AM
Thanks guys.. No, actually ALL the other firmware BESIDES the MFP will load.. i've tried different USB sticks, but now that you mention it, when the machine doesn't load the firmware, I get a "Cannot recognize the USB media"... I guess I'll have to try another USB Stick completely new...
OC

copier tech
01-17-2017, 06:33 AM
If the machine has read you USB & has started to load the ADF etc firmware then you may indeed have an issue with the MFP board.

I would try loading older firmware before ordering a new one then work your way up to latest.

However if the machine is working fine personally I wouldn't worry about it until or if it ever causes an issue.

Oystercopy
01-18-2017, 01:22 AM
If the machine has read you USB & has started to load the ADF etc firmware then you may indeed have an issue with the MFP board.

I would try loading older firmware before ordering a new one then work your way up to latest.

However if the machine is working fine personally I wouldn't worry about it until or if it ever causes an issue.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The MFP board has been serviced by Hytec with a "no problem found", but they themselves were able to load the latest firmware on it at their shop. I never could get into service or admin modes afterwards to determine this, but the machine did not seem to have K9, etc, when I got it working again. I had to load some .tar files to get the machine to let me into service mode, so it was a mess... but it does NOT seem like the board had the latest FW when it came back from Hytec, I don't know.

I just got a couple more machines in this week and tried another one, and SAME EXACT THING.. I could load up to J6 but nothing beyond that.. very strange...
OC

Synthohol
01-18-2017, 04:24 AM
does the boot firmware need to be upgraded?
i havent looked at the manual yet, just a thought off the cuff...

Eresources
01-18-2017, 09:47 PM
We had something similar to this. We found the G20-K9 version of the firmware to be the fault. We went back to E4 then to GD3-K9 to fix the problem if I remember correctly.

Custom Search