PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Konica Minolta C280 Not Printing

Custom Search

mearmi
01-21-2017, 06:25 AM
Konica Minolta C280 Doesn't Print. Data light flashes and disappears.

Changed the Ethernet cable.

Can send scan to email etc. Copy can be done as well.

Please advise

Thanks and Regards,

mearmi

BR549
01-21-2017, 08:26 AM
Is account tracking enabled on this machine? I believe that would be the symptom if account tracking is being used and you used a invalid account code. Or no code is entered in the driver. Or if they have limits, that account may have reached their limit.

paulrid
01-21-2017, 10:01 AM
Agree with BR549 also check print history and see what it says.

blackcat4866
01-21-2017, 11:46 PM
The simplest way to find out if you can print is to connect you laptop via crossover cable and install a driver. For testing purposes I've found that my Lexmark universal driver will send a valid print job to nearly any MFP. All I do is determine what the printers IP is, set my laptop to an IP (last octet +1), and add a port to my Lexie driver at the printer's IP. Within 5 minutes you should know if the MFP can or cannot print. =^..^=

mearmi
01-21-2017, 11:54 PM
Is account tracking enabled on this machine? I believe that would be the symptom if account tracking is being used and you used a invalid account code. Or no code is entered in the driver. Or if they have limits, that account may have reached their limit.

Thanks for your reply. No account tracking is enabled.

Regards,

AjitN
01-22-2017, 04:23 AM
Simple things first, if data light flashes & job gets deleted, try printing internal demo page.
If it prints well then your print processor is good.
if not you need to load firmware, I face this problem with C360.
Hope this helps

MFPTech
01-22-2017, 02:17 PM
Konica Minolta C280 Doesn't Print. Data light flashes and disappears.

Changed the Ethernet cable.

Can send scan to email etc. Copy can be done as well.

Please advise

Thanks and Regards,

mearmi
it looks like raw data is going to the machine? check job que from page scope. Conflict IP on the network? unplug the network cable and print directly from your laptop. crossover cable no longer needed, straight through cable is fine

Simple things first, if data light flashes & job gets deleted, try printing internal demo page.
If it prints well then your print processor is good.
if not you need to load firmware, I face this problem with C360.
Hope this helps

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

musthafavi
08-27-2017, 08:54 AM
it looks like raw data is going to the machine? check job que from page scope. Conflict IP on the network? unplug the network cable and print directly from your laptop. crossover cable no longer needed, straight through cable is fine

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Me to also having the same problem with konica Minolta C360. Doesn't Print. Data light flashes

I can print demo page
Account tracking is OFF

Please help me how to solve this issue

copier tech
08-27-2017, 12:07 PM
Are they any messages on the screen? transfer belt etc maybe over life

musthafavi
08-27-2017, 12:15 PM
Are they any messages on the screen? transfer belt etc maybe over life

There was a message to change transfer belt unit, so i replaced with new one, after changing also warning message was popup, so I reset the value from service mod

Please see the attached consumable details

copier tech
08-27-2017, 12:29 PM
All consumables look fine.

If account track etc is definitely turned off try a clear all data in service mode.

musthafavi
08-27-2017, 12:34 PM
All consumables look fine.

If account track etc is definitely turned off try a clear all data in service mode.

Thanks for your support,

Could you please tell me where this Clear all data option located in service mode

copier tech
08-27-2017, 01:53 PM
Thanks for your support,

Could you please tell me where this Clear all data option located in service mode

From memory system2>Initilisation>data clear

MFPTech
08-27-2017, 04:17 PM
Reset the machine in SM - clesr all, setup network and fax, install movie data and MFPTech is your uncle

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

copier tech
08-27-2017, 04:32 PM
Reset the machine in SM - clesr all, setup network and fax, install movie data and MFPTech is your uncle

Where about in Surrey you from dude?

musthafavi
08-28-2017, 07:34 AM
From memory system2>Initilisation>data clear

I did the above tips (system2>Initialization>data clear) and printing issue has been resolved

Thanks for your support and still I need your support

Now User Box, Store Address and direct print portions are not available in web interface and from utility also some options are missing

Even I has been checked the options under Network Tab, but unfortunately those settings are not available

Please attached screen shot for the further details

Please help me to enable missing optopns

copier tech
08-28-2017, 11:57 AM
Glad to hear you fixed it.

When you do an all clear the HDD is unset, simply go back in CE mode, system 2 I think, go to HDD & enable, then power off/on.

After a reboot you will have the scan options etc back.

You will have a message about animation guide missing but this wont affect the machine operation. If you want to clear this message simply install the animation movie file back to the HDD

I did the above tips (system2>Initialization>data clear) and printing issue has been resolved

Thanks for your support and still I need your support

Now User Box, Store Address and direct print portions are not available in web interface and from utility also some options are missing

Even I has been checked the options under Network Tab, but unfortunately those settings are not available

Please attached screen shot for the further details

Please help me to enable missing optopns

emujo2
08-28-2017, 02:06 PM
It's too bad the poster never bothered to look at the job log to see what the reason for the deletion was (as one of the responses requested). A bad Ethernet cable would probably affect scanning, low or end of life consumables would affect both copy and print or not allow color. It could have been an incorrect billing mode soft switch, or a driver mismatch or driver setting. The poster also said Account Track wasn't on, but he/she may have overlooked User Authentication. Could also have been an SNMP issue. I guess in this case whacking the problem with a sledge hammer "corrected" the problem. FYI another way to verify basic print capability would be to use telnet and open port 9100. Anything you type in the command window followed by enter will print if the controller is working. Emujo

MFPTech
08-29-2017, 03:01 AM
Where about in Surrey you from dude?Surrey BC, not Surrey England lol

MFPTech
08-29-2017, 03:04 AM
Glad to hear you fixed it.

When you do an all clear the HDD is unset, simply go back in CE mode, system 2 I think, go to HDD & enable, then power off/on.

After a reboot you will have the scan options etc back.

You will have a message about animation guide missing but this wont affect the machine operation. If you want to clear this message simply install the animation movie file back to the HDDThat's correct, you have to enable the HDD.

musthafavi
08-29-2017, 01:43 PM
That's correct, you have to enable the HDD.

Thanks for your support, Problem has been solved

Custom Search