PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta flush DNS or something else?

Custom Search

Slimmons
01-24-2017, 06:28 PM
My department has a Konica Minolta C454e printer. Recently we switched our email services from on site, to cloud based (microsoft 365). On every user's computer, we had to flush our dns (ipconfig /flushdns). Our printer is no longer sending scans as emails. I'm assuming that's because it still has information about our DNS cached. I know our internal DNS is setup correctly, because all of the email in the building goes to the correct place. How do I flush the DNS cache for this type of printer? I've read through the manual, and all it had was how to setup the DNS. All of those settings are correct. I tried turning it off, and waiting a bit, but that didn't work. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Woxner
01-24-2017, 07:25 PM
you could do a network clear and reset it all. no such thing as dns flush on copiers. there is a bulletin to set up micorsoft 365 for these. more likely your problem. have you tried going into the machine network setting and just change the dns?? also which model. older ones may not work

Woxner
01-24-2017, 07:26 PM
dang i just saw the model

Woxner
01-24-2017, 07:38 PM
check you PM sent you some stuff

Slimmons
01-24-2017, 07:42 PM
I tried removing all of the DNS settings, saving, then adding them back and saving, but that didn't appear to help.

Slimmons
01-24-2017, 08:20 PM
Thanks for the information, it's not working yet, but I think this is a great place to start. I'm wondering why, in that pdf, it says to add the SMTP Server Address as smtp.gmail.com instead of smtp.office365.com. I tried both, and neither worked, but I still haven't gone through the second set of instructions, or tried a hard reboot. I'll update, once I get all the way through.

copier tech
01-24-2017, 08:23 PM
Try turning on DHCP & reboot the copier, let it pull the correct gateway & your new DNS settings etc

FYI, Office 365 uses port 587 over TLS also the from address has to be the correct 365 address

Slimmons
01-24-2017, 08:37 PM
The instructions I was given used TLS correctly it looked like. Under SMTP Authentication, it didn't say to put a password. However, the user I created required a password of course. Would I definitely have to put the password in? I would just try, but no one can use the print or copy functionality while I'm editing the config, so I'm trying to take it down as little as possible. I'd have to click the "Password is changed" checkbox to input a password.

copier tech
01-24-2017, 08:54 PM
Try this link first if you can login OK then you know your email & password are correct.

https://login.microsoftonline.com/

Then its just a case of programming your Bizhub with the correct settings.

I do however remember reading a bulletin about O365, there is a firmware update available for scan to email issues.

Woxner
01-24-2017, 09:32 PM
I think it's k9 that's needed

Slimmons
01-24-2017, 09:45 PM
Been trying to figure out how to upgrade the firmware for this thing. Web Management Tool (http://manuals.konicaminolta.eu/bizhub-C554e-C454e-C364e-C284e-C224e/EN/contents/id08-_101380481.html)

On those instructions it says to go to [Network] -> [Machine Auto Update Settings] -> [Internet ISW Settings] -> [FTP Server Setting]

I don't have anything past [Machine Auto Update Settings]. On that page there's only radio buttons that say

* Auto Update Settings for This Machine
* Log TX Settings
* Machine Update Password

and it has the Auto section selected.

I've verified that it's allowing the smtp settings through our firewall, and we see the traffic, so it's trying at least. I've also logged into that email account it's using, and made sure everything is working with that.

Email settings are:

smtp.office365.com
start tls
with correct user id and password.

Woxner
01-24-2017, 09:52 PM
Best done by USB drive

rrrohan
01-25-2017, 01:55 AM
I think it's k9 that's needed

I gave up on ISW once firmware was no longer a single file

KenB
01-25-2017, 03:07 AM
Just a thought...

In your DNS server(s), make sure there is an "A" record for the copier's host name.

I had this issue with 4 Ricoh machines at the same account about 2 years ago. While it wasn't a scan to email issue per se (they were using GlobalScan), it took forever to connect, and caused all kinds of timeout problems. Once IT added them manually, life was good.

We think the problem was caused when one of their DNS servers got "decommissioned" (translation: it croaked), and may have had the DNS "A" records for the copiers on it.

Custom Search