PDA

View Full Version : Scan to smb share on a domain

Custom Search

BILBOCOPY
01-24-2017, 06:58 PM
Can you advise how this should be set up to work with domain accounts. I had it working previously when both user accounts and computer accounts were on the same domain uk.eurw.x.y but there have been changes which mean computers are now in the x.y domain whilst user accounts remain in the uk.eurw.x.y domain since which i have been unable to get scan to smb share working again.

What should be the domain specified under default domain on the smb client settings on the bizhub and how should the users account be specified on the destination eg useraccount or domain\useraccount or useraccount@domain.com ?

I have not had much luck with anything i have found on the net so far. It work using local user accounts but that is not permitted.

Synthohol
01-24-2017, 08:33 PM
http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/attachments/konica-minolta/35141d1483295163-konica-minolta-c360-smb-error-how_to_scan_to_smb-pdf

BILBOCOPY
01-25-2017, 10:53 AM
Thanks but unfortunately I keep getting a login error.

Synthohol
01-25-2017, 11:11 AM
did you change the workgroup name on the copier to the domain name?

BILBOCOPY
01-25-2017, 11:30 AM
network > smb setting> client setting > default domain name = UK

User account being used to scan is scan@uk.eurw.x.y , on the user account field on the Konica only "scan" is entered

The share being scanned to is server.x.y (Domain= X but this is not entered anywhere) I am using the ip address of the server and not its name, file path "scans"

Its a bizhub 284e by the way.

TonerMunkeh
01-25-2017, 02:24 PM
Can you run command the SMB path from a computer on the domain the copier is trying to see? Could be the DC isn't allowing the domain's to be bridged.

BILBOCOPY
01-25-2017, 02:42 PM
Yes seems okay, also to add we have an old HP 4730 which doesn't have any issues all that is set on that is

Domain: UK
Username: scan
Password: *****

Synthohol
01-25-2017, 09:13 PM
Sorry if I missed it, have you tried uk\scan as the user name? Does the folder have scan as a read write user with full control in the sharing permissions?

BILBOCOPY
01-26-2017, 08:51 AM
yes I have tried various combos of username and domain with no joy, permissions yes.

nave
01-30-2017, 09:26 AM
Can you advise how this should be set up to work with domain accounts. I had it working previously when both user accounts and computer accounts were on the same domain uk.eurw.x.y but there have been changes which mean computers are now in the x.y domain whilst user accounts remain in the uk.eurw.x.y domain since which i have been unable to get scan to smb share working again.

What should be the domain specified under default domain on the smb client settings on the bizhub and how should the users account be specified on the destination eg useraccount or domain\useraccount or useraccount@domain.com ?

I have not had much luck with anything i have found on the net so far. It work using local user accounts but that is not permitted.

if..the..shar..path..folder..on..the..domain..just ..used...the...domain.authentication

emujo
01-30-2017, 01:00 PM
if..the..shar..path..folder..on..the..domain..just ..used...the...domain.authentication

WTF, this has to be the most useless answer in the history of CTN. Emujo

Synthohol
01-30-2017, 01:37 PM
Lol, someone stole his spacebar and dictionary.

BILBOCOPY
03-09-2017, 03:57 PM
Just reporting back to say I got scan to smb working, the conclusion is that the domain of the computer being scanned to and the domain of the user account doing the scanning have to be the same even if part of the same forest with all appropriate trusts in place.

Custom Search