PDA

View Full Version : Lexmark X7170 - What does this mean??

Custom Search

TAV
07-30-2008, 03:51 PM
I've got a Lexmark X7170 All-in-One in for repair. When you apply AC power the top row in the LCD display comes on solid black and the COPY/FAX/SCAN blue MODE LED's start flashing slowly. Nothing else happens. No error codes in the display, no motors.

I have searched the owners manual troubleshooting and that is useless. I went to Lexmarks website and they don't even list the X7100 series as a valid model. I have found nothing on the net about this problem.

What is this machine trying to tell me?? I don't want to waste a whole lot of time as this is most likely a Wally World POS.

Greg

prntrfxr
07-30-2008, 04:44 PM
try this:

Blank LCD Screen on All-in-One Printer

Remove both cartridges and the paper from the printer.
Disconnect the USB and power cables.
Wait 30 seconds.
Reconnect the power cable only.
If the display comes on, follow the instructions to install the cartridges.
Attempt this fix twice if necessary, and then try to print and scan again.
This was on lexmark's site under X7170 - (i am assuming that its the 7100 series and therefore might be the same). I dont have a manual for it. Make sure scanner lock is unlocked or it will do it again. Hope this helps you. :)

TAV
07-30-2008, 06:07 PM
Thanks, but I had already done that, too. It appears this printer is not "initializing" at power up for some reason.

prntrfxr
07-30-2008, 11:07 PM
It probably has to do with the CCD unit. It may be in the wrong position and printer cant get a good read. Thats why they recommend doing it more than once. The following should be the power up sequence:

• The Power, Copy, Scan, and Fax indicator lights turn on.

• The Charge-Coupled Device (CCD) moves to the right, and
then to the left.

• The paper feed motor runs then stops.

• The carrier moves and then returns to the maintenance station.

• The Power and Copy buttons stay on.
• The following message is displayed on the LCD.

I dont have a svc manual for this machine, but a similar model manual reads the following:

Symptoms:

• Buttons do not work
• LCD does not display

Action:

Check control panel cable
connection J4 on the system
board. Then run POST

If the LED buttons or any lights fail,
check connection J4. If the problem
remains, replace the scanner
assembly.

If the problem still exists, replace the