PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Bizhub 36 semi-hangs

Custom Search

mrwho
01-26-2017, 08:31 AM
Good morning! So, how's 2017 going for you so far?

I've got this Bh36 that will, upon being turned on, work for a short period (somewhere in between one minute and nine or ten) and then will sort of hang. I say "sort of" because the panel will still be responsive (with a laggy feeling) but it will not let you do copies, scans or whatever. If I try to enter service mode in that state, it will get stuck at "please wait" right after inserting the SE code.
If you turn it off and back on, rinse and repeat.

A colleague of mine found out that the scanner ribbon had the contacts somewhat degraded, and so he tried to run the machine with the scanner ribbon disconnected from the main board - and the machine will not hang after several hours (of course not being able to copy or scan, but printing works fine).

I grabbed a scisor to cut the tip of the ribbon and try it again without those frayed tips, and the machine hung again after just a minute - so we know it's not the cable.

Next step - try every scanner part independently.

What I'm here to ask is if anyone had this again who could provide us a shortcut to the failing part that's causing this, avoiding several hours of trial and error.

Thanks!

allan
01-26-2017, 08:41 AM
Give the SSD a format for good luck.

ricmartinho
01-26-2017, 10:00 AM
Give the SSD a format for good luck.

Hello there!

I'm mrwho's colleague.
The option to do SSD Low Level Format is greyed out. How do I activate it.

Things we've done so far:
- Disconnect the ADF, HDD and the memory DIMM
- Formatted the HDD (Utility -> Admin Settings -> HDD Format -> All)

Cheers

ricmartinho
01-26-2017, 10:08 AM
Hello again!

Is there anyway to initialize the NVRAM?

Thanks

ricmartinho
01-26-2017, 05:51 PM
Can anyone tell me the NVRAM part number? I can't find it in the parts manual, only the boards.
Is it common to any model?

Thanks

mx6turbo89
01-27-2017, 02:53 AM
Can anyone tell me the NVRAM part number? I can't find it in the parts manual, only the boards.
Is it common to any model?

Thanks

There's no NVRAM in the Bizhub 36. Try updating to the latest scanner firmware and (while you're at it) also the controller firmware.

Also perform SSD Low Level Format (Go to: Administrator => Security Settings => SSD Low Level Format). It shouldn't be grayed out. If it is, try doing this step AFTER updating firmware to see if the option to format reappears.

allan
01-27-2017, 05:08 AM
Hello there!

I'm mrwho's colleague.
The option to do SSD Low Level Format is greyed out. How do I activate it.

Things we've done so far:
- Disconnect the ADF, HDD and the memory DIMM
- Formatted the HDD (Utility -> Admin Settings -> HDD Format -> All)

Cheers

Not sure why that happens. Disconnect the HDD to see if the option comes back. I recalled removing one and formating it in another machine before.

dannys
07-01-2019, 08:14 AM
Hello,

it those latest firmwares?.
Controller ROM Version A3EW30G2090905(EU)
Engine ROM Version A3EW0050G0005
Boot ROM Version A3EW99G0010000
Panel ROM Version A3EW20G2020805
Scanner ROM Version A3EW23G0010200

I got the not booting problem (freezes at KM logo) at the first boot(in the morning) once per day(second attempt works great until next morning) there is no fax board and changed the hole scaner unit
Sdd low format greyed (not able to format it)

Thanx in advance

Downunder
07-02-2019, 01:55 AM
best bet is replace SSD card.

Over and done with, no mucking around

dannys
07-02-2019, 02:39 PM
How about to take one from c35 ? anyone tried? or it is possible to put the ssd from 36 to c35 and make format? I have a c35 with format option available .

allan
07-02-2019, 03:23 PM
You will be the pioneer here.
Smoke or no smoke?
Let us know.

Custom Search