PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Katun toner being used on +224 range

Custom Search

printerguy77
01-26-2017, 03:01 PM
Hello all.

Just wondering ing if anyone is using Katun performance toners on the 224 range.

We we have been using it on this machine and the Olivetti equivalent and it's causing a lot of PCQ issues with excess toner getting onto the charge assemblies and arching. And also developer units being stripped of developer. Mainly on the black.

Any info on this and feedback would be greatly appreciated. I advised my boss not to use compatable but the savings that could be made blinded his decision and went ahead and used it anyway.

Regards.

Colin

Gaffers01
01-26-2017, 03:06 PM
We don't use compatable for this range of machines,the genuine toner has developer in with the toner.

printerguy77
01-26-2017, 04:03 PM
Thanks for your input. Allegedly so does the compatable.

copier tech
01-26-2017, 08:19 PM
The C224 series is such a good reliable machine, using compat toner or parts you have to expect issues.

Woxner
01-26-2017, 09:01 PM
your boss is an idiot. i was a manager and did report in service on oem v compatible. we had a lot more calls and more fuser damage from that crap. if he really sits down and looks at it he not saving and customers will be unhappy in the end. we used twice as much toner then oem because we did not get the toner life expected

Phil B.
01-26-2017, 09:33 PM
All the years I have been in this industry, I have found the Katun Toner to cause more problems than the savings allowed. KM - Canon - Kyro/Mita - Xerox... always issues and fuser failure WAY before EOL.

STAY CLEAR! The customer will be in your butt about all the frequent service calls, just to save them a few pennies on toner.

Tech Helpdesk
01-27-2017, 09:07 AM
Thanks for your input. Allegedly so does the compatable.

We have found Katun products to be more than acceptable for office MFD machines in the past, however the '4' series toner simply does not work.
There are savings to be had and if you are using OEM toner (shake it well) you can reset the dev units like we do with no issues whatsoever.

EarthKmTech
01-29-2017, 01:28 AM
Last time I had experience with katun toner was back in the days when c350/c450 were everywhere.

I was working for a dealer and it was destroying imaging units left right and centre, particularly destroying the drums - They were claiming them under warranty from KM and just so happening to not mention the use of non genuine toner. If you actually have to pay for the damage caused by non genuine toner the savings aren't really savings for long.

rapidocument
01-29-2017, 03:51 AM
Katun was good some years ago, now they are under some other management and I believe they have changed their primary components for chinese stuff
now we get poor results when using Katun toners or parts, stick with OEM for good results.

copier tech
01-29-2017, 09:17 AM
Katun toner is OK on B/W machines, especially single component like Canon.

Never use non OEM on dual component developer models you WILL have issues.

rrrohan
01-30-2017, 12:18 PM
Katun cant even make Waste toner boxes that dont cause problems, i have zero faith in anything with the Katun logo

Custom Search