PDA

View Full Version : bizhub 283 with code c2558

Custom Search

axyun
01-26-2017, 10:49 PM
New customer with bizhub 283 called for jamming into fuser on every page. Replaced fuser. Machine working and got C0202 after warmup. removed jam behind tray.

Then while running test of 10 pages the machine went into code c2558. message said to open and close right side door. After doing that the machine resumed printing the job. Customer does not recall this happening before fuser jams thought this code appears to have nothing to do with fuser which i replaced as it is a high toner density code. I believe i have sm on my computer but there tonite.

It seems coincidental that this is happening yet customer has no recollection of it until fuser was replaced. Any advice/assistance on this is much appreciated. Frank/ActionPhotocopy

Woxner
01-27-2017, 01:22 AM
whats the meter on last drum and dev change/ could be it it did jam ni fuser and they just dont remember seeing code. ive had that from customers before/ call in for fuser jams and it was toner code. check code history

axyun
01-27-2017, 01:01 PM
Thanks Woxner. It did not actually jam during c2558 code. itCycle was just interrupted snd after opening an closing right side door the machine resumed copying. i will get more info on dv/dm an code history.

axyun
01-28-2017, 12:52 AM
As c2558 is high toner density code i ran sky shots but made no difference and sky shots looked more under-toned than over-toned. I went into service mode and ran toner sensor adjustment. After that the machine stopped giving C2558 codes. If comes back guess i will do dv change

copyman
01-28-2017, 03:07 AM
If you end up changing the dev replace drum at same time. Calibrate dev and you will be good to go. You can use generic drum and rebuild yourself or just get an OEM, they aren't that expensive.

Clear drum & dev counters, turn off machine, remove Image unit, separate drum & dev, change developer & drum (or new drum), put back into machine and turn on, enter service mode and do dev setup.

axyun
01-28-2017, 05:19 AM
Thanks Copyman for the great input.

REGSIS
01-28-2017, 06:45 AM
If you end up changing the dev replace drum at same time. Calibrate dev and you will be good to go. You can use generic drum and rebuild yourself or just get an OEM, they aren't that expensive.

Clear drum & dev counters, turn off machine, remove Image unit, separate drum & dev, change developer & drum (or new drum), put back into machine and turn on, enter service mode and do dev setup.

Use OEM drum to be safe with no further issues. This dev can last 150k with good quality. Around 200k you get light image or error code. Check if developing unit needs replacement life around 350k and replace if needed. Before replacing parts clear life counters of drum, developer, (and dev. unit - if it is replaced ) then turn OFF machine, replace parts, then turn ON machine, and make TCR adjustment.
This is stated in the manual as correct order and you must follow it, otherwise you can end up with the same code after 30k.
Just follow the manual and everything will be OK.

axyun
01-28-2017, 01:43 PM
Thanks Regsis. This is all very useful and helpful. I will make sure to proceed in the order that you and Copyman have advised.
Hopefully the code won't come back too soon as customer just spent a good sum to replace fuser unit.

I had my fingers crossed when i did the TCR sensor adjustment and it was a pleasant surprise when machine stopped C2558 codes. I amanita confident that the codes won't return but just hope a little time goes by before they do.

allan
01-30-2017, 01:21 PM
Don't reset the dev counters without running TCR, Dmax and gradation.

allan
01-30-2017, 01:31 PM
Use OEM drum to be safe with no further issues. This dev can last 150k with good quality. Around 200k you get light image or error code. Check if developing unit needs replacement life around 350k and replace if needed. Before replacing parts clear life counters of drum, developer, (and dev. unit - if it is replaced ) then turn OFF machine, replace parts, then turn ON machine, and make TCR adjustment.
This is stated in the manual as correct order and you must follow it, otherwise you can end up with the same code after 30k.
Just follow the manual and everything will be OK.

There is no need to switch of the machine during parts replacement its not like the B250 where that was critical. The only real problem with taking the dev past 200K is the buildup of crap and hair and fuzz and stuff in the developer that gets stuck behind the doctor blade that would cause void lines and eventually give your mag-roller a nice shine. But nothing industrial scotch-brite can fix. The dev tank if taken care of will do 500K.

I change the drums regularly at 220K with new DV411. And then the QC was not really to bad. Cleaning blade failure is normally the real culprit.

:)

axyun
01-30-2017, 06:18 PM
Thanks very much Allan. Very helpful

REGSIS
01-30-2017, 09:17 PM
There is no need to switch of the machine during parts replacement its not like the B250 where that was critical. The only real problem with taking the dev past 200K is the buildup of crap and hair and fuzz and stuff in the developer that gets stuck behind the doctor blade that would cause void lines and eventually give your mag-roller a nice shine. But nothing industrial scotch-brite can fix. The dev tank if taken care of will do 500K.

I change the drums regularly at 220K with new DV411. And then the QC was not really to bad. Cleaning blade failure is normally the real culprit.

:)

B250/350 were critical that's true, on 3 series I personally didn't switch OFF machine after clearing counters many times, didn't experienced any problems because of that, but you'll never know what can happen on particular machine in future so it's better to advise someone who never did it before to do the job by the book and use OEM.

Build-up of crap won't happen if you clean it regularly (every 20k). Vacuum crap behind doctor blade, vacuum dev unit from behind (first remove filter), vacuum toner from cleaning unit above drum, remove drum and vacuum cleaning blade and clean charger. I also clean separators and thermistors to prolong life of upper fuser roller. My personal record With DV 411 is 300K Dev unit 500k Drum 200k, fuser 500k but on bh423 with monthly volume 15-20k.
If monthly volume is 3k that developer will last cca 150k max (thin black lines just like cleaning blade does when fail). ;)

axyun
01-30-2017, 11:09 PM
Thanks for that useful info Regsis.

Custom Search