PDA

View Full Version : KM5050 FAN STAYS ON

Custom Search

copydocinc
01-27-2017, 12:47 AM
After the machine goes into sleep mode the fans above and below the main board are supposed to turn off.
I have a customer machine that the upper fan never turns off, when it goes into sleep (energy saver) mode.
They all used to turn off, but one day this one just started to stay on all the time in sleep mode or ready mode.
Any ideas what's keeping this fan on, just the upper fan that stays on.
Or how to make it turn off like it's supposed to?

Max
01-27-2017, 10:42 AM
There is a silent mode in admin option that turns the fans off for quiet power saving mode.

copydocinc
01-31-2017, 07:46 PM
Ok, so I put the machine in quiet mode and the fans and lights now turn off in sleep mode for about 10- 20 seconds,
then I hear a noise and the memory light comes on and the little fan on the back, that's right in front
of the main board turns on. then about 2 minutes later it turns off and the memory light goes out, but
then again after about 10 - 20 seconds they come on again. This keeps repeating itself over and over.

How do I get them to stay off?

Any new thoughts?

wragsdale
01-31-2017, 08:27 PM
Total shot in the dark here, but is it networked? Possibly receiving innocuous, intermittent data?

Has Been
02-01-2017, 01:42 AM
Ok, so I put the machine in quiet mode and the fans and lights now turn off in sleep mode for about 10- 20 seconds,
then I hear a noise and the memory light comes on and the little fan on the back, that's right in front
of the main board turns on. then about 2 minutes later it turns off and the memory light goes out, but
then again after about 10 - 20 seconds they come on again. This keeps repeating itself over and over.

How do I get them to stay off?

Any new thoughts?

Unplug or stick a wad of electrical tape in the blades.

copydocinc
02-02-2017, 12:49 AM
Total shot in the dark here, but is it networked? Possibly receiving innocuous, intermittent data?

Thanks for the idea. Sounded reasonable to me, but no joy.
I turned the machine off unplugged the network cable, turned the machine on waited til ready, hit the sleep mode power button.
Waited, then everything turned off. Then about 10 seconds later, click then memory light's on and the little fan comes on too.
I also tried formatting the hard drive and initializing the backup memory as well. Still no joy.
I know I could just unplug the fan, but that wont stop the memory light from coming on for whatever reason that's happening.

Still hoping for that miracle fix, I know someone on here has.
Spew forth the good word my friends.

thanks, to those that have tried so far.

Geo
02-02-2017, 03:03 PM
Hi
A couple of thoughts
1) did you reload the firmware
2 ) Did you clean all the filters and check the fuser temp setting
3) Does it have Fax unit , if so remove it and see if that helps.
4) clean and reseat the memory and dims ( old style op panel has a removable dim)

Good luck..

blackcat4866
02-02-2017, 10:43 PM
Just out of curiosity ... why does it matter?

You have a functioning MFP. On most MFP's fans and motors turn themselves Off and On as needed, whether you're using the equipment or not. Is that teeny bit of noise that bothersome? =^..^=

copydocinc
02-21-2017, 08:07 PM
Just out of curiosity ... why does it matter?

You have a functioning MFP. On most MFP's fans and motors turn themselves Off and On as needed, whether you're using the equipment or not. Is that teeny bit of noise that bothersome? =^..^=

The noise doesn't bother me at all.. But it does bother my customer, who really is the only one that matters.
It's a little funny though, he sits right next to the machine and form what I can gather, likes to take naps.
The noise didn't used to be there and since it started, it annoying enough to disturb his nap times. yes, plural.

I did get it fixed though, I think.
A rookie mistake. I thought the firmware was up to date, but it wasn't.
Updated the firmware and now the fan does at it should. But there is a little fan inside the control panel that is always on.
I checked other machines (5050's) and that little fan stays on, on all of them.
He now notices that fan, but he will have to live with that one.

copydocinc
02-21-2017, 08:09 PM
Hi
A couple of thoughts
1) did you reload the firmware
2 ) Did you clean all the filters and check the fuser temp setting
3) Does it have Fax unit , if so remove it and see if that helps.
4) clean and reseat the memory and dims ( old style op panel has a removable dim)

Good luck..
Thanks for waking me up.
Rookie mistake, I thought it was up to date on the firmware. It wasn't.
Either updating the firmware or just the reload of the firmware seems to have fixed it.

copydocinc
02-21-2017, 08:12 PM
Unplug or stick a wad of electrical tape in the blades.

Um, hmmm, thanks? :p

Custom Search