PDA

View Full Version : BIZHUB 200 scan to email

Custom Search

andyf424
01-30-2017, 10:28 PM
I've got an old bizhub 200 with a customer that wants to scan to gmail. I'm not very familiar with this machine, it's a little before my time. I can't imagine this thing supporting TLS so I doubt this is even possible. I promised the customer I'd look into this for them but I can't seem to find any info.

Will this do scan-to-usb? That might be a workaround, at least then they can scan.....

havokprod
01-30-2017, 10:38 PM
Scan to FTP is going to be your only realistic option on this box.

Woxner
01-31-2017, 12:07 AM
you can do smb but no usb on these oldies. ftp work good too. i have a minolta ftp utillity if you want it.

wseyller
01-31-2017, 03:12 AM
yeah ssl/tls option on this one. Only way to do gmail is to relay it through something like "stunnel".

CompyTech
01-31-2017, 03:22 PM
I recently setup one using aspmx.l.google.com over port 25 with no authentication. Must warn the customer that with this method they can only scan to other gmail users from the machine only.. So for example, they can email themselves and forward out to someone outside of gmail. Also the bh200 will not let you enter the SMTP host name. Just ping aspmx.l.google.com to get the ip address.

copier addict
01-31-2017, 04:55 PM
I recently setup one using aspmx.l.google.com over port 25 with no authentication. Must warn the customer that with this method they can only scan to other gmail users from the machine only.. So for example, they can email themselves and forward out to someone outside of gmail. Also the bh200 will not let you enter the SMTP host name. Just ping aspmx.l.google.com to get the ip address.

Once you enter the DNS settings it will allow you to enter SMTP host name.

andyf424
02-01-2017, 05:32 PM
Thanks for the info everyone, the customer did not want to believe me when I told her it wouldn't work. I showed her some of your responses and she took the hint. I've got them set up with a SMB share and sales will reach out to them about acquiring a new machine.

Thanks again for the responses

Custom Search