PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C351 Lines on prints

Custom Search

pentacon6
07-31-2008, 11:18 PM
I have just replaced all of the imaging units.

Attached here is a print I made of a solid field of a light color blue/cyan. The image was a direct print to the c351 from my computer. Thus, the scanner unit is eliminated from the list of possible causes.

After printing, I scanned it (with an unrelated machine) and I have increased the contrast of the file you are seeing here to clearly accentuate the issue. The lines appear most heavily in light (pastel) color fields and they appear for all colors.

Also attached is a photo to illustrate the orientation of the paper.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

ebm
07-31-2008, 11:39 PM
Maybe try clean LED print head. If that not work try make single color C M Y K tests to see if isolate to one color. Try replace Imaging Unit of color not good. If all color not good maybe try fuser or transfer belt assys.

laserman06
08-01-2008, 12:03 AM
I have just replaced all of the imaging units.
The lines appear most heavily in light (pastel) color fields and they appear for all colors.

If you line up the prints edge to edge, lines match up? If they do, I too would recommend the transfer belt. But if you have not done it, whenever you change out an image unit, you should clean the LED print heads.

RockETop
08-01-2008, 01:20 AM
I just replaced a Xfer belt that was doing the same thing. You can try vacuuming the cleaning unit, but it will come back sooner than later. Replacement is indicated. What is it's current life? Has it been refused?

pentacon6
08-01-2008, 01:26 AM
yes the lines on multiple copies line up. I did clean the LED's Are you recommending I clean or replace the belt?

RockETop
08-01-2008, 01:45 AM
How many miles are on it?

laserman06
08-01-2008, 04:07 AM
The way the lines look to me, I would say to replace the transfer belt. If it was the cleaning portion of the transfer belt it should be dark streaks.

DadO
08-01-2008, 07:50 AM
Just a advice and no more :)

I experienced 2 weeks ago similar situation. I had 2 white lines on a drum (black) and the drum was fresh from a package. Check the new drums, mybe they sent u a damaged drum.

Custom Search