PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Drum Unit Installation Error (Magenta Drum) Bizhub C360

Custom Search

pick
02-09-2017, 03:28 PM
I have an issue with a Magenta Drum that intermittently comes up with the message Drum Unit Installation Error. I have replaced the Drum with a new drum and it worked for about a day or two than came back. I reseated the drum and it worked for a little while but came back so we moved the copier into another room to a different outlet and it worked for 2 months now it's back. I have tried a new PRCB and that did not fix the issue after looking at the wiring diagram I am going to replace the Front side relay board next. I was hoping that someone else might have had this issue before and if so what did you do to fix the issue. I have also updated the firmware to the latest available firmware any help is appreciated and thanks for your time.

Froota
02-09-2017, 03:40 PM
Hi,

Are you using OEM parts, or is another brand?
Is it just a message on the display or are you getting error's in the log? Is the quality fine after replacing the unit, or after getting the message?

regards,

pick
02-09-2017, 07:16 PM
Thanks for the reply Froota yes the drum was OEM and the message was on the display. You have to open/close the front door until it resets it may reset on the first time you do it or it might take 4 to ? to reset. I did try another door switch but it still would come back. The message comes up on the control panel only and the image quality is good. It is an intermittent problem that I thought was fixed by moving it to another power outlet in a different room. I am going back tomorrow with a Front side relay board I will post my results thanks for your help and reply.

Max
02-10-2017, 09:27 AM
Check the chip contacts. The once that come in to contact when you lock the blue lever.

pick
02-10-2017, 01:07 PM
Thanks for the reply Max I have checked the contacts and they look normal nothing bent or broken off or missing. If the relay I put on today doesn't fix the issue then I am going to have to check out the wire harness to see if that is the cause. thanks again for the reply

aparsons
09-30-2022, 09:53 PM
Thanks for the reply Max I have checked the contacts and they look normal nothing bent or broken off or missing. If the relay I put on today doesn't fix the issue then I am going to have to check out the wire harness to see if that is the cause. thanks again for the reply

I have the same problem on my c220. It has been as good as gold for years and now comes up with the "Magenta Drum" error. As it lives in a remote office at the bottom of the garden and the weather has become autumnal I wonder if it is contacts. Fiddling with doors and pressing the start button seems to clear it and there is nothing wrong with the image so I really do not think there is any thing wrong with the magenta drum. More likely a firmware bug or a counter that has overrun. Have done nothing to the machine, ie have not changed toner, disassembled it or anything, it has just suddenly come up with this error.

I would be interested to know if anyone has solved it but thought I'd add my experience to indicate that it may be a system error rather than a magenta drum error. Of course it is within the realms of probability that two people could actually have magenta drum problems but it is unlikely.

femaster
10-01-2022, 01:04 AM
I have the same problem on my c220. It has been as good as gold for years and now comes up with the "Magenta Drum" error. As it lives in a remote office at the bottom of the garden and the weather has become autumnal I wonder if it is contacts. Fiddling with doors and pressing the start button seems to clear it and there is nothing wrong with the image so I really do not think there is any thing wrong with the magenta drum. More likely a firmware bug or a counter that has overrun. Have done nothing to the machine, ie have not changed toner, disassembled it or anything, it has just suddenly come up with this error.

I would be interested to know if anyone has solved it but thought I'd add my experience to indicate that it may be a system error rather than a magenta drum error. Of course it is within the realms of probability that two people could actually have magenta drum problems but it is unlikely.

Since the color drums are universal on this model, just swap the magenta drum with either the cyan or yellow. See if the error follows the drum, or if it remains with the magenta. That will narrow it down at least and let you know if it is a problem with that particular drum or not.

Custom Search