PDA

View Full Version : Active Directory and the new line

Custom Search

davidpsmith
08-01-2008, 03:50 PM
Hey, first time poster, plan on visiting more now that I've found this place. My specialty is in IT, but I work for a KM dealership (also has Muratec and Copystar/Kyocera).

Has anyone else had problems getting the new machines (C353, C451, B421) to log onto Active Directory? I can get them to log on NTLM2 as long as I specify the IP addy and not the domain name (which yes, I know points to a DNS error, but what and where?) but I can't get them to log onto a 2003 server I setup just to test these on.

In my event viewer (on the server) I see the successful login from NTLM2, but I see nothing from the AD attempt. I can join computers to the AD domain, so I know it's up and running. Do I need to add the copier to the domain? Anyone else running into this?

mungooz
08-01-2008, 05:48 PM
Hey welcome! This is a fantastic place to find resources and answers.

So on the KM machines, you're saying that you have authentication turned on and authentication to an external server is actived as well, correct? I just want to clarify the settings you're using.

davidpsmith
08-01-2008, 05:55 PM
Yes, I have user authentication turned on with two servers listed in external server registration, on NTLM2 (pointed to the IP addy) and one as and Active Directory pointed to the domain. The NTLM2 authenticates fine, but the AD server sends back a login error.

B0265
08-02-2008, 10:49 AM
Verify that the NTP server settings on the MFP is correct.

pepper38_cnd
08-02-2008, 01:53 PM
Try putting your server address in the Wins setting on the copier even if you are not running Wins on the server.

Custom Search