PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous C454e not printing PDF's

Custom Search

JSC
02-13-2017, 10:56 AM
Hi.

Have a strange one with a C454e that will print a few PDF's then just lockup/frezzes and the device has to be rebooted. Doesn't seem to mater which type of PDF reader is used or how the PDF was created. The fault only happens with PDF's, it prints everything else fine.

Have used multible drivers, changed memory and HDD. It's on the latest firmware and function level. Next step would be to change the main board unless someone has a better idea?

Thanks.

copier tech
02-13-2017, 11:38 AM
Try plugging in your laptop directly & then printing a pdf.

JSC
02-13-2017, 11:41 AM
Try plugging in your laptop directly & then printing a pdf.

Does the same.

Methmann
02-13-2017, 11:44 AM
I have had this issue, however on a C280. But it happened when printing PDF from Microsoft Edge browser :-) So told the customer to print from Internet Explorer instead.

Tech Helpdesk
02-14-2017, 01:44 PM
Hi mate,

What type of driver is being used ? and what printing protocol are you using ?
Make sure on the PDF that 'Print as Image' is not selected
Regards

JSC
02-14-2017, 02:03 PM
Hi mate,

What type of driver is being used ? and what printing protocol are you using ?
Make sure on the PDF that 'Print as Image' is not selected
Regards

Have tried all the correct Konica Minolta drivers eg, PCL, PS, Clasic, Universal. it also crashes if sent as 'Print as Image'. used Adobe reader, Foxit, Nitro all with the same result. Works for a while then crashes/frezzes.

Scratching my head on this one.

Tech Helpdesk
02-14-2017, 02:25 PM
Have tried all the correct Konica Minolta drivers eg, PCL, PS, Clasic, Universal. it also crashes if sent as 'Print as Image'. used Adobe reader, Foxit, Nitro all with the same result. Works for a while then crashes/frezzes.

Try forgetting the PC side and look at the ops panel. Go into User Settings and turn off spool.

See below,

Regards

JSC
02-14-2017, 04:25 PM
Try forgetting the PC side and look at the ops panel. Go into User Settings and turn off spool.

See below,

Regards

Changed the settings to match yours, worked for 3 pdf's then crashed out :(

copyrooks
02-14-2017, 04:30 PM
try a different pdf reader program like sumatra. See if any difference.

JSC
02-14-2017, 04:34 PM
try a different pdf reader program like sumatra. See if any difference.

Have used about 4 diffrent readers all the same problem. also printing test PDFs that I have used lots of times with no issues.

allan
02-14-2017, 05:14 PM
Try direct submission other wise thru PSWC or pagescope direct print. If that works...

peter42
02-14-2017, 05:54 PM
Try to print PDF directly from USB-Stick.
Then you have Networkinterface out of the printing pipeline.

Phil B.
02-14-2017, 08:32 PM

you were instructed to make sure that PRINT AS IMAGE is OFF

JSC
02-15-2017, 08:32 PM
you were instructed to make sure that PRINT AS IMAGE is OFF

yes and I tried it print as image off! And print as image - no change

Try direct submission other wise thru PSWC or pagescope direct print. If that
works...

no joy.....

Try to print PDF directly from USB-Stick.
Then you have Networkinterface out of the printing pipeline.

Tried that already, interestingly the machine works for a lot longer period but still crashes after a while.

i think I'm going to bite the bullet and order an MFP board....

Woxner
02-15-2017, 08:51 PM
make sure the driver is on raw. also check the network speed. i had several hang up. changed the speed and tada never called again about this problem. they were printing large pdf's.

danetime
02-15-2017, 10:52 PM
Is there any error codes in history or does the machine ever have "internal error" message before rebooting? Update the firmware or re install the firmware. I find PDF causing rebooting is a sign that the NVRAM is about to go.

Max
02-16-2017, 09:20 AM
Before you start spending money on it reset it via service mode. If that doesn't work try the reset tool.

mo0651
02-16-2017, 01:53 PM
Did you go into service mode and do internal memory tests? You stated firmware was at latest level, but did you re-flash? Reseat memory? What have you done?

JSC
02-17-2017, 08:36 AM
Did you go into service mode and do internal memory tests? You stated firmware was at latest level, but did you re-flash? Reseat memory? What have you done?

Yes tested all ok, but changed memory and HDD as well

make sure the driver is on raw. also check the network speed. i had several hang up. changed the speed and tada never called again about this problem. they were printing large pdf's.

Yea i've had the same before did all the above no change, but I don't think this is a driver or network fault as it locks up printing PDF's from a stick plugged into the usb port.

Is there any error codes in history or does the machine ever have "internal error" message before rebooting? Update the firmware or re install the firmware. I find PDF causing rebooting is a sign that the NVRAM is about to go.

No error codes reported. Initialized the machine (several times) Firmware updated to the lattest.

Before you start spending money on it reset it via service mode. If that doesn't work try the reset tool.

Yep done, still no joy..

JSC
02-17-2017, 01:02 PM
Sovled..

Fitted main board - now working fine.......

Tech Helpdesk
02-17-2017, 01:18 PM
Sovled..

Fitted main board - now working fine.......

Never cheap is it.

JSC
02-17-2017, 08:30 PM
Never cheap is it.

is'nt that the truth.....

Custom Search