PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C454e: Stops when reaching its max capacity in booklet output tray

Custom Search

Methmann
02-13-2017, 11:39 AM
Hi mates

We have a customer, which have an Bizhub C454e with FS-534 and SD-511 finisher.

They are printing big booklet jobs. Where the little output tray on the saddle sticher, often gets full, and they need to empty it, when the machine stops before the job is done.

On earlier models, could we just remove the output tray, and then, the machine could print forever. But we cant trick this model, its like its counting the booklets, it automatically stops when it have made like 10 booklets??

So is there any way to maybe disable this counter?? So it keeps making booklets?

Hope to hear from you :-)

HitMan
02-13-2017, 01:13 PM
Have you tried unplugging the sensor so it doesn't get a full reading?

Methmann
02-14-2017, 07:57 AM
Have you tried unplugging the sensor so it doesn't get a full reading?

Yes, my colleague tells me, that he have tried that. And as a result, it will just say the bin is full all the time.

I have also tried to write to a Konica Minolta technician, and he reply´s, that this counter limit is build in the firmware. So there should therefor be no way to change that :-(

But thank you for your reply anyway :-)

Gaffers01
02-14-2017, 10:32 AM
I know this isnt helping but I have a customer with exactly the same spec but we have just taken the lower tray off
and the booklets just fall into a box next to the machine.

The only difference maybe is that they print A4 booklets (down to A5).

Methmann
02-14-2017, 12:08 PM
I know this isnt helping but I have a customer with exactly the same spec but we have just taken the lower tray off
and the booklets just fall into a box next to the machine.

The only difference maybe is that they print A4 booklets (down to A5).

Removing the tray has also always been our standard solution, in these cases. But the machine stops anyway, its like its counting the booklets :-/

Yeah, maybe the paper format can make a difference, our customer is making A3 booklets.

methogod
02-14-2017, 11:02 PM
Got to be a dip switch to turn that off...

micro switch dave
03-05-2017, 05:41 PM
Hi mates

We have a customer, which have an Bizhub C454e with FS-534 and SD-511 finisher.

They are printing big booklet jobs. Where the little output tray on the saddle sticher, often gets full, and they need to empty it, when the machine stops before the job is done.

On earlier models, could we just remove the output tray, and then, the machine could print forever. But we cant trick this model, its like its counting the booklets, it automatically stops when it have made like 10 booklets??

So is there any way to maybe disable this counter?? So it keeps making booklets?

Hope to hear from you :-)

Hi, did you ever get this issue sorted? What's the outcome ?
Dave

Methmann
03-06-2017, 01:45 PM
Hi, did you ever get this issue sorted? What's the outcome ?
Dave

No, i talked to a Konica Minolta technician, who said, it could not be changed, so that became a dead end :-(

Custom Search