PDA

View Full Version : CQ Optics Only Background Pattern bizhub C652

Custom Search

MFPs R Now PCs
02-14-2017, 04:49 PM
We have a bizhub C652 with a distinct shadow pattern when copying and SCANNING. If you print the demo page, it looks just fine. If you copy or even SCAN something, you get this shadow pattern. If you copy in a SINGLE color the shadow is there.

We have run into this in the field on C552's and performed general cleaning, run gradations, verifiied TCR values, replace image units, replaced transfer belt and roller and even flash the firmware however it only would go away by bracing the left side of the platen bed up.

Please help, is there a problem with the C452/552/652 platen bed "sagging" down over time or from customers slamming the ADF unit/lid down over and over or are we just missing something here as this C652 is the most extreme we have had where it even has a shadow pattern via the ADF Slit Glass.

allan
02-14-2017, 05:22 PM
Did anyone try to remove or adjust the CCD?

MFPs R Now PCs
02-14-2017, 06:22 PM
Did anyone try to remove or adjust the CCD?

Not to my knowledge, we received the machine this way and just so happens to be this extreme. I forgot to ask at the end there of my previous explanation, CAN i move the CCD? If so, what is my best shot for instructions for proper adjustment, the manual; and from my samples do you think it would have an impact?

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

mo0651
02-14-2017, 06:41 PM
That looks like the scanner bed has been bent. Someone may have strapped it down to tight.:mad:

allan
02-14-2017, 06:47 PM
Its really not recommended to move it. You have to verify if the scanner frame is bent by some careful measurement.
Check to see if the red and blue marking and seals are broken or moved.
It is difficult to get the adjustment right by hand, the slightest movement changes the shade marks.
Had to fix a couple after techs removed the CCD's and CCD boards without consulting the manual.
I would suggest to lower lift only the side where the shades is coming from your case it looks like the front side?

Got it to be acceptable but never perfect again.

Turn the screw by 90 Degrees at a time up or down make note of the amount of rotation so you can get it back to where it was if the adjustment fails.

And...
Check the lamp while it operates to see if there is any fluctuation in the intensity. Check the white reference patch and the cables too.

Phil B.
02-14-2017, 08:26 PM
Not to my knowledge, we received the machine this way and just so happens to be this extreme. I forgot to ask at the end there of my previous explanation, CAN i move the CCD? If so, what is my best shot for instructions for proper adjustment, the manual; and from my samples do you think it would have an impact?

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

to adjust the CCD in most copiers I have worked on .. you need a TOOL. what it sounds like is someone has gotten the lid out of place when copying from the bed a book or such..schools and lawyers are really bad for that. You might wanna try adjusting the hinges on the lid. Can you see a gap on the lid on any side of the bed?

MFPs R Now PCs
02-14-2017, 08:46 PM
to adjust the CCD in most copiers I have worked on .. you need a TOOL. what it sounds like is someone has gotten the lid out of place when copying from the bed a book or such..schools and lawyers are really bad for that. You might wanna try adjusting the hinges on the lid. Can you see a gap on the lid on any side of the bed?

I have covered the entire platen bed with paper to achieve the "blank" samples to ensure that there is no light leakage; i.e. the ADF lid is not square.

Phil B.
02-14-2017, 09:11 PM
I have covered the entire platen bed with paper to achieve the "blank" samples to ensure that there is no light leakage; i.e. the ADF lid is not square.

and the optics were cleaned?

MFPs R Now PCs
02-14-2017, 09:22 PM
and the optics were cleaned?

Absolutely

Synthohol
02-14-2017, 10:49 PM
to see if its optical shrink down the copy. if problem shrinks then optical.

Custom Search