PDA

View Full Version : bizhub c224e print are sometime longer (up to 2-3mm)

Custom Search

occus
02-15-2017, 04:54 PM
Hello

I have a machine which prints sometime with a zoom only in feed-direction, the print is sometime 2-3mm longer.
Feed from Bypass heavy Paper 300gr thick 4 SRA3 Format.

Singleprints are mostly ok, but after 5-10 i get the extendend prints. Printquality is ok...

What i have done:
Driver test PS /PCL and from box always same result uneven long prints.
Clean the IDC's under transferbelt
Print Head Skew adjustment reset
Initialisation and Gradation Adjust

After that i get 17 good the following were again longer...
Does anyone know the problem?

Thanks for feedback.

blackcat4866
02-15-2017, 06:40 PM
300 gsm sounds a bit heavy for a C224e. Since that's the absolute maximum heaviest media, I think I'd try different or lighter media.

The brochure says it can, sure. But do you think it can? It sure doesn't seem like it. =^..^=

EarthKmTech
02-16-2017, 11:50 AM
How many pages has the machine done?

Are the registration rollers starting to bind up yet? If you cant turn them easily with 1 finger they are too tight. (obviously non direct drive models)

Although conveniently not mentioned in the sales brochure, YES the machine does up to 300G (thick 4) KM does not in any way guarantee image quality above thick 2 on this engine. Always a fun conversation with people sold an entry level office machine expecting production print quality.

Max
02-16-2017, 03:27 PM
Possibly relay rollers/reg is beginning to slip or too tight. Therefore the image looks a bit stretched.

occus
02-16-2017, 04:43 PM
Thanks for reply.

yes yes and yes... i know... 300gsm but the technicans and the sellers ar not the same guy... and which one has to do it again :rolleyes:

The Machine has around 50'000 prints.
What ist the meaning of "starting to bind up yet" (worn out?)

First i thought it is more a software/electronic bug, because the laser/imaging developping is involved to make a printet area ( a black square) longer?
Otherwise i can see a break or a white/grey break if the registration roller runs too fast and stretches a area... or if it runs to slow i have to see a overlapping printet area.

But yes i can try to replace the clutch CL4 from registration roller

blackcat4866
02-16-2017, 04:46 PM
"Starting to bind up" means the the registration roller bushings may be gummy and difficult to turn. =^..^=

allan
02-16-2017, 05:16 PM
Would like to see a sample print?

occus
02-16-2017, 05:43 PM

Albonline
02-16-2017, 06:01 PM
Thanks for reply.

yes yes and yes... i know... 300gsm but the technicans and the sellers ar not the same guy... and which one has to do it again :rolleyes:

The Machine has around 50'000 prints.
What ist the meaning of "starting to bind up yet" (worn out?)

First i thought it is more a software/electronic bug, because the laser/imaging developping is involved to make a printet area ( a black square) longer?
Otherwise i can see a break or a white/grey break if the registration roller runs too fast and stretches a area... or if it runs to slow i have to see a overlapping printet area.

But yes i can try to replace the clutch CL4 from registration roller

if the paper was traveling slower, due to drag the image would shrink,

Synthohol
02-16-2017, 06:24 PM
I've seen thick paper stretch as it goes through the fuser. Make sure the paper is for a laser machine not injet.

Custom Search