PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 363, 423 Disable Security Card without the card

Custom Search

Biz2000
02-15-2017, 09:20 PM
A bunch of used low mileage bizhubs came in from km at the place where I buy my wholesale copiers here in town, and they were all using the "cf" card or whatever its called where the user needs to put in their card to use the copier, and whoever removed these units from the end user did not have the sense to insert each card and disable the "card 3" or whichever when you go to the service mode and then enter "clear" "9". Without the card I cannot get into the adminstrator area to turn off authentification, there is a HDD Password that is needed. I cant uninstall the HDd through the service mode either. When you touch the "not installed" it just beeps but never changes. The information is stored in the NVRAM and the only way I have found around it is to change that with another same bizhub model, which leaves me with a "license management error" and of course the copy count is different than the physical meter.

There has to be a back door, security or not. Maybe shorting pins or some other way. I have two already in the field and would like to put the correct NVRAM back in and there are a couple others with low copy counts that I would like to sell.

Has anyone experienced this. Can anyone give me a heads up on this.Thanks in advance.

Ktech

rrrohan
02-16-2017, 12:06 AM
Try formatting the hdd

Mr Spock
02-16-2017, 12:41 AM
go into billing mode and change the card to none and you should be good to go unless they turned on internal authentication which would be in admin mode. Also you can change the admin password from service mode.

Biz2000
02-16-2017, 04:15 AM
go into billing mode and change the card to none and you should be good to go unless they turned on internal authentication which would be in admin mode. Also you can change the admin password from service mode.

sorry guys, as I said in my original post, when going into disable the card there are no buttons, nothing to choose like when you go there when everything is off. I also formatted the HDD, but then you get error "C-D002" without the HDD and when you put it in you cant get into admin, only the intitial "12345678" once its been reset in service mode, but after you get past that it asks for an HDD Passphrase.

I have tried all of these things and more. Basically you cant turn off "Authentification" unless you guess the HDD passphrase, which as you can imagine is virtually impossible. And if you cant get into network settings you cant get into pagescope either. That is why I am here posting...with no card and or no HDD passphrase you cant get in UNLESS YOU SWAP THE "NVRAM" WITH ANOTHER SAME MODEL, and then this leaves you with a "license management error" and the wrong copy count in the system.

There is also a special firmware installed which is not common except for this security card. The only thing I have not tried is changing the firmware, and that is because I dont have access to KM firmware. I dont know if that would work or not. It does not seem very secure if changing the firmware would let you into the machine, now does it. But, I have seen stranger things.

Help.......

ketech

rrrohan
02-16-2017, 08:20 AM
If you initialise entire machine and start again they should do it. That setting isnt to protect copier its to protect the data. Nothing stopping you just reseting back to factory settings

emujo
02-16-2017, 02:12 PM
Sounds like CAC/PIV maybe...System 1 Initialize clear all data. Once it come back on line you need to look at softswitch 12,41,135, and ensure your serial numbers and marketing areas are correct. Ensure soft switches are all at HEX00.
Physical format should clear the HDD encryption. Then another logical. You will need movie data due to the HDD format. Hope this helps. BTW, do you not look at the devices you purchase to verify they are working, or is it just a bulk deal? Emujo

Biz2000
02-16-2017, 03:30 PM
Sounds like CAC/PIV maybe...System 1 Initialize clear all data. Once it come back on line you need to look at softswitch 12,41,135, and ensure your serial numbers and marketing areas are correct. Ensure soft switches are all at HEX00.
Physical format should clear the HDD encryption. Then another logical. You will need movie data due to the HDD format. Hope this helps. BTW, do you not look at the devices you purchase to verify they are working, or is it just a bulk deal? Emujo

If you want to help thats great, but leave out the condescending remarks and questions, please.

Since you have obviously never dealt with the issue I am describing you would not know that you cant clear "All Data", those choices dont work since it is set up for security. Thats why security was added. If you would have read my post clearly you would have heard that there is an uncommon firmware which must be specifically for that security setup. You can only clear some of the data but not the one that needs to be cleared. The data that needs to be cleared is NOT on the HDD, but stored in the NVRAM. This is the reason I had to swap the NVRAM with another same model to use the machine. Reformatting the HDD DOES NOT solve the problem sir.

But thank you anyway.

ktech

myster
02-16-2017, 04:41 PM
Try resetting the nvram.
disconnect the nvram battery 5 minutes and re-solder.
Turn on the machine, an error will appear, turn off the machine, install usb recovery, turn on the machine and run nvram recovery.

Excuse my English

emujo
02-16-2017, 05:58 PM
If you want to help thats great, but leave out the condescending remarks and questions, please.

Since you have obviously never dealt with the issue I am describing you would not know that you cant clear "All Data", those choices dont work since it is set up for security. Thats why security was added. If you would have read my post clearly you would have heard that there is an uncommon firmware which must be specifically for that security setup. You can only clear some of the data but not the one that needs to be cleared. The data that needs to be cleared is NOT on the HDD, but stored in the NVRAM. This is the reason I had to swap the NVRAM with another same model to use the machine. Reformatting the HDD DOES NOT solve the problem sir.

But thank you anyway.

ktech

Pound sand asshole...

1. I have dealt with just about any issue you can dream up..If PKI firmware has been installed (which you don't know) then load non PKI.
2. Your post says nothing about "I can't perform a clear all data" It was a suggestion and usually a valid one..actually, your post is not very clear about anything other that what you said you can't do.
3. When I read your post I don't "hear" anything, I guess, unlike you, I don't read aloud to my self.
4. The comment about the status of the devices would have been followed by a "have the dealer that sold you the equipment be responsible for getting them back to factory", but, if you buy in bulk, "as is", then you are stuck.
5. Sorry you are so insecure in your job performance that you feel you must blame someone for your lack of attention to detail when you buy refurbs.

Emujo

Biz2000
02-17-2017, 03:41 AM
Try resetting the nvram.
disconnect the nvram battery 5 minutes and re-solder.
Turn on the machine, an error will appear, turn off the machine, install usb recovery, turn on the machine and run nvram recovery.

Excuse my English

Now that is what I was wondering about....could the NVRAM be reset, and what would the side effects be. This sounds like what I had in mind, because this is where the passwords for the HDD are stored and the other security settings. Isnt this more or less the same as removing the NVRAM altogether or does it act differently just disconnecting the battery? Have you ever done this? Will this also cause a "License Management Error" once the NVRAM is reset?

1. I am sorry but I have never seen anywhere to perform NVRAM RECOVERY (in admin or service mode). Would you mind explaining that please.
2. I also have no knowledge of any USB RECOVERY process. What is on the usb flash and where do I get it?

And unfortunately I have no account with Konica Minolta and cannot get firmware and other support they offer. I had a source for some of that stuff here in Houston, but sadly he died last year. I would love to hear a little more detail about this procedure if you can. And I thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to share information. I really appreciate that.

Ktech

Biz2000
02-17-2017, 03:58 AM
Pound sand asshole...

1. I have dealt with just about any issue you can dream up..If PKI firmware has been installed (which you don't know) then load non PKI.
2. Your post says nothing about "I can't perform a clear all data" It was a suggestion and usually a valid one..actually, your post is not very clear about anything other that what you said you can't do.
3. When I read your post I don't "hear" anything, I guess, unlike you, I don't read aloud to my self.
4. The comment about the status of the devices would have been followed by a "have the dealer that sold you the equipment be responsible for getting them back to factory", but, if you buy in bulk, "as is", then you are stuck.
5. Sorry you are so insecure in your job performance that you feel you must blame someone for your lack of attention to detail when you buy refurbs.

Emujo

You really think you are something, dont you. In case you didnt know, this website is to assist with information between copier techs. There are many levels of experience here, and many of us have a broad range of experience with many or all copier brands, not just konica minolta's. And no one knows everything, which is why we come here to share information kindly and with respect. This site is not for bad mouthing and telling others how to conduct their business. And that is what I was referring to when I asked that you keep non-related comments to yourself. You can do whatever you want and say whatever you want from a distance (online)...anyone can do that. But when you are out of line and personally rude and disrespectful like you were in your last post you change the dynamic of this site and its purpose.
Since you are the one who is obviously insecure and offended by my attempting to encourage you to stay on course while visiting this site and responding to my post, while at the same time being straight with you I will go ahead and just lay it out clearly for you. Make sure you dont answer anymore of my posts. If you insist on continuing to abuse this site and run your mouth I will take the only course of action available to me right now, and I will report you to the site owner. You can consider yourself lucky in that case, because in person it would most certainly not go down like that. You should learn some manners, and if you dont like what I or others here have to say then I suggest you dont come here. I have a feeling you will not be missed.

Ktech

emujo
02-17-2017, 02:15 PM
You really think you are something, dont you. In case you didnt know, this website is to assist with information between copier techs. There are many levels of experience here, and many of us have a broad range of experience with many or all copier brands, not just konica minolta's. And no one knows everything, which is why we come here to share information kindly and with respect. This site is not for bad mouthing and telling others how to conduct their business. And that is what I was referring to when I asked that you keep non-related comments to yourself. You can do whatever you want and say whatever you want from a distance (online)...anyone can do that. But when you are out of line and personally rude and disrespectful like you were in your last post you change the dynamic of this site and its purpose.
Since you are the one who is obviously insecure and offended by my attempting to encourage you to stay on course while visiting this site and responding to my post, while at the same time being straight with you I will go ahead and just lay it out clearly for you. Make sure you dont answer anymore of my posts. If you insist on continuing to abuse this site and run your mouth I will take the only course of action available to me right now, and I will report you to the site owner. You can consider yourself lucky in that case, because in person it would most certainly not go down like that. You should learn some manners, and if you dont like what I or others here have to say then I suggest you dont come here. I have a feeling you will not be missed.

Ktech

Nope, don't think "I'm Something", I know the following
You have older devices that needed special firmware for some PKI settings, and looks like some form of HDD encryption was enabled . This was installed along with the AUs and LDDs. Someone pulled the card readers out and sold them to you.
You need to re program several soft switches, remove any card reader LDDs, format the HDDs and find non CAC/PIV firmware. Since we also sell refurbs, this happens frequently to us, and we manage to get through it. Sure wish I could help, but since I can't conform to your forum rules about respect and protocol and you have threatened to report me to the moderator (or worse if we were physically close) I wish you all the best with your new anchors. Emujo

Custom Search