PDA

View Full Version : Biz hub Pro C6500 spotting

Custom Search

Bearl
02-16-2017, 05:35 AM
Hi guys,

I have the **fortune** to be looking at a bizhib c6500 machine which started leaving yellow spots on the pages. The customer hasn't been following the maintenance scheduled so looking at the yellow spots I was advised (by a konica tech rep) to replace the yellow drum and dev to at least bring that colour up to spec, and most likely solve the spotting issue.

After ordering parts the magenta and now the black have started doing the same thing. I changed the Y drum and dev and set them up, cleaned the process unit thoroughly, checked the foam seals on the toner ventilation, replaced the toner filter cartridge...and the yellow spots still remain....along with the K and M spots as well. No cyan spots as yet...but I can see it coming.

I have attached some images of the spots, its completely random as to where they come out, in size and position. I have cleaned everything I can think of in there, they just seem to come back after a few days...weird..

Can some of you production gods please have a look and see what you think...my customer isn't real happy and I m sick of working there for free now!

thanks in advance peeps.

Brad

Max
02-16-2017, 09:11 AM
Hi. I have never worked on the pro range and probably completely off. If it has a cleaning unit with a brush,I would imagine there would be a mylar in front of it.It is possible for it over time to bend inwards and catch on the brush flicking some of the toner out. Or possibly dev seal with the same issue.

Bearl
02-16-2017, 11:17 PM
Hi Max,

The catcher blades on the dev units are getting on a bit old age wise rather than copy wise. The machine has only done 450,000 copies but its a few years old now (10+) When I check out the dev units there are these bits of toner sitting behind there (dev roller side of the blade) but they are getting out onto the paper as well. I guess the catcher blades could have failed??? Are the catcher blades designed to clear the dev roller of any excess toner or is it just to catch what falls off the dev roller?

In 17 years of doing this I don't remember a catcher blade that failed without being broken.

At this point ill take any suggestions on board!! Thanks for your input Max:)

Bearl
02-19-2017, 10:49 PM
**bump**

Custom Search