PDA

View Full Version : Minolta C364 counters?

Custom Search

myster
02-16-2017, 04:27 PM
Hi!!...
How can you set the counters to zero?ç

I have read that installing the reset tool the machine is reset. It is true?

Thank you

kingarthur
02-16-2017, 04:49 PM
why would you want to reset the counters to zero.....

myster
02-16-2017, 05:05 PM
why would you want to reset the counters to zero.....

To sell them second-hand without data.
Some distributors are already selling them with the counters to zero, and I can not compete with them

allan
02-16-2017, 05:14 PM
Bust the competitions balls. Just tel the customer they don't know what they are going to get its a risky gamble. Have some integrity!

emujo
02-16-2017, 05:43 PM
Selling w/o any leftover data is quite a bit different that selling with the counters reset to zero. A data wipe is a just good practice as it can reduce the chance of sensitive or secure data accidently getting into the hands of someone that shouldn't have that info..HIPPA for one example. Resetting the counters is just plain illegal. Which one are you really referring to? Emujo

myster
02-16-2017, 05:51 PM
All that can be

Albonline
02-16-2017, 05:57 PM
Hi!!...
How can you set the counters to zero?ç

I have read that installing the reset tool the machine is reset. It is true?

Thank you
want zero count?replace at the same time,mfp printer control and ssd,it will be zero !however you will have to pay about 2k fo rthe boards.

Synthohol
02-16-2017, 06:16 PM
I drill (10) 3mm holes in the NVRAM. It allows the copies to leak out. =^..^=

Or put the NVRAM in the microwave for exactly 34 seconds.
Works EVERY TIME.

allan
02-16-2017, 07:53 PM
Does that work on the 224 range with the SSD?
I know it works on the 220 range. But why??
You use a nvram with a lower count and the recipient will accept the value with that method.
Still no integrity...
Engine life can be exceeded on most KM machines.
I would not be happy to find out that my second hand car's odo was turned back.

EarthKmTech
02-16-2017, 10:25 PM
A machine with 700k on it can be just as reliable as one with 100k if its been maintained and modified properly. Meters mean jack shit within reason and as long as it is going into the correct environment for its point in life.

I'd rather a machine with 700K thats been maintained properly than one at 250K that some tight dealer has reset the lives of everything on. (Just had to refurbish just such a POS last week)

myster
02-16-2017, 11:11 PM
A machine with 700k on it can be just as reliable as one with 100k if its been maintained and modified properly. Meters mean jack shit within reason and as long as it is going into the correct environment for its point in life.

I'd rather a machine with 700K thats been maintained properly than one at 250K that some tight dealer has reset the lives of everything on. (Just had to refurbish just such a POS last week)

You are right

emujo
02-16-2017, 11:23 PM
The same can be said about a vehicle, it may be well maintained and around 200K, but if you replace the odometer and let me assume the car only has 60K miles on it I think we will be seeing one another in court. Emujo

Custom Search