PDA

View Full Version : CQ TA300ci 39mm spaced lines feed dir

Custom Search

John Alldrick
02-16-2017, 08:44 PM
Black only, sporadic, identical lines 39mm apart, regardless of paper tray or orientation.
Enclosed Image was darkened x3 on scan for contrast
Full colour images look GREAT except for above.

I don't believe any relevant previous service - only feed / fuser issues - Maint / F-W(v16) all current & not recent

my first post- sorry for any protocol errors, folks

Any thoughts anyone ?

tmaged
02-17-2017, 12:56 AM
The main charge roller is 38mm according to the guide. That's where I'd start. Easy enough to switch with another color.

blackcat4866
02-17-2017, 01:03 AM
I'll agree with Tony. My guess is that you've mis-marked the leading edge, and this paper ran LTR. =^..^=

John Alldrick
02-17-2017, 06:13 PM
Actually I thought I HAD lost track of orientation, so I removed all except Letter R in machine - the little mark at top was marking lead edge in tray before printing ...

to be more accurate, image is about 39.5 mm apart - Manual says chg roller is 38mm - and when I thought I was nuts, inspection of chg - only rub lines in feed direction - swapped with cyan anyway (to make sure I'm not as dumb as co-workers claim) - no change

Letter cross (LEF) shows same image repeated all the way across Frt to RR - 11x17 identical & goes all the way down - no repeat image - just similar

and every page (10/10) is identical - marks do not change or move at all - EXACT same pattern & location on every page ???

1 out of 100 copies was w/o marks first 1/2 page - just my 'lead edge' mark

I suspect the 'repeat' pattern is from the LPH laser controller processing or print control PWB - Have re-seated LPH harnesses back to imaging board - Maybe arcing somewhere ...but then pattern would change ??!!

Guess it's time to 'Swap' parts, but don't have any inshop ...

blackcat4866
02-18-2017, 01:13 AM
Did your scan skew a little? My guess is yes.

If you copy or print a pattern of fine vertical lines in the feed direction, do they waver/wobble? The test pattern that I attached may help. If yes, it is probably the laser. Perhaps there is a minute fiber dangling from one of the black laser mirrors, and blowing around in the air vented from the laser. It's not a very big deal to clean and examine the laser.

You can reasonably rule out drums, developing units, 1st transfer, 2nd transfer, drive components, all because it's nearly impossible to get a wear pattern like this in the feed direction, exactly at 39.5mm intervals.

Maybe a Main board, maybe re-seat memory, maybe star wheels on the fuser or primary transfer belt.

Come back and tell us about it. I'm interested. =^..^=

Custom Search