PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy IC-308 system DVDs?

Custom Search

oxident
02-17-2017, 06:28 AM
Hi!

Does anyone know where to buy a copy of IC-308 v2.1 or IC-310 System DVDs? My customer lost them and I don't know anyone with such a Fiery.
Thanks in advance!

TonerMunkeh
02-17-2017, 09:05 AM
I think EFI themselves would be a good place to start.

oxident
02-17-2017, 09:20 AM
I think EFI themselves would be a good place to start.
I tried this way for the last months and they always tell me to contact KM ... but KM tells me that they can't sell those DVDs as a spare part, only together with a new (!) Fiery server which is, of course, an option.
Unfortunately, they can't even tell me the official part number for those media :-(

Gift
02-17-2017, 10:12 AM
I'm not a fiery expert but in case It's a little outdated you might ask some company who's dealing with second hand or export hardware. Or check your customer pool for another IC-308, perhaps you can ask for a copy there.

oxident
02-17-2017, 10:26 AM
I'm not a fiery expert but in case It's a little outdated you might ask some company who's dealing with second hand or export hardware.
Thanks for your answer. Yes, that's indeed the way I'm trying to achieve this. Maybe there's someone around here ;-)

Synthohol
02-17-2017, 01:55 PM
Not blackmail just an offer..
If you would be inclined to become a contributer here I would be inclined to give you links to system software and user software.
Just an offer.
Once I see the contributer badge above your name you will get a link to what you ask.
Just a bit of quid pro quo since you were willing to buy the software anyway.

oxident
02-17-2017, 02:05 PM
Once I see the contributer badge above your name you will get a link to what you ask.
Thanks, that sounds absolutely fair :cool: I saw the contributor badge for the first today!
I'll definitely contribute because this board helped me a lot in the past years. Time to give something back...

vijaysharma
02-17-2017, 03:05 PM
Hi,

why not you download this Sys. software from efi site.
:):):)

oxident
02-17-2017, 03:11 PM
why not you download this Sys. software from efi site.
Well, I understand that the system software contains copyrighted material and therefore isn't available for public download ... although, this didn't change in the past 15 years, some people (like me) still won't keep their original media set in a safe place.

big jase
12-01-2017, 12:11 PM
Not blackmail just an offer..
If you would be inclined to become a contributer here I would be inclined to give you links to system software and user software.
Just an offer.
Just a bit of quid pro quo since you were willing to buy the software anyway.

Hi Synthohol

could you send me those links to system software please. My Customer has lost them!!

Synthohol
12-01-2017, 12:50 PM
check your PMs if you havent already

Custom Search