PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Auto delete print jobs stuck in job queue

Custom Search

B0265
02-17-2017, 08:02 AM
Is there a way to set a time for auto delete of print jobs that is stuck in the job queue due to wrong paper size/media type?
If you have some kind of user authentication enabled you must have the permission to delete the job and this creates problems for some customers and switching the machine off/on isn't always a practical solution.

avecosat
02-17-2017, 08:12 AM
Is there a way to set a time for auto delete of print jobs that is stuck in the job queue due to wrong paper size/media type?
If you have some kind of user authentication enabled you must have the permission to delete the job and this creates problems for some customers and switching the machine off/on isn't always a practical solution.

A good question....:confused:

emujo
02-17-2017, 09:12 PM
To my knowledge, no, once the job has spooled to the copier and is ready or in the middle of the job, it will stay in queue until deleted. There is an admin setting that can be turned on to "allow other users jobs" if you are authenticating, and jobs can be deleted through PSWC. We have had serious security concerns about this as in a secure print environment, the MFP runs out of paper, user walks away to go find/add some. Meanwhile, the next user has paper and adds it, the previous print job spits out and can be seen by anyone. Emujo

rrrohan
02-18-2017, 01:47 AM

You can set it to allow anyone to delete jobs.

I normaly force job to just print on plain paper and if original person who sent the job didnt want it on plsin then to bad lol

You can also just increase the priority of other jobs if you dont want be rude and delete the stuck job

This is why ID and print is good

emujo
02-18-2017, 03:22 PM
ID and print is a good idea, but the result is the same once the user logs in, releases the job and it is sitting in the copier print queue. If it runs out of paper, or paper is not avail (wrong size, media ect), then you still have the issue of a job just waiting to print (and will wait forever or until manually deleted or power is cycled) as soon as the paper condition is satisfied. The MFP should have a setting to auto delete these types of jobs after a period of time. We see the same type of issue in a 3rd party authentication or account tracking environment, with the KM devices you MUST enable Print without Authentication as the application controls user authentication and release of print/copy/scan jobs. But in this config, a network savvy user can just setup a local driver and direct IP to the printer bypassing any authentication requirements. There are group policies that can restrict local printing, but smaller companies don't have this kind of IT support. Emujo

rrrohan
02-20-2017, 01:44 PM
But in this config, a network savvy user can just setup a local driver and direct IP to the printer bypassing any authentication requirements. There are group policies that can restrict local printing, but smaller companies don't have this kind of IT support. Emujo

Never used this but cant you set a driver pass phrase so if a user tries to do what you suggest it wont work. Like i said never used it so i may even have misinterpreted the point of driver paas phrase

Never mind i was mistaken looks to be just to secure the user authentication info Changing the Encryption Passphrase (http://manuals.konicaminolta.eu/bizhub-C554-C454-C364-C284-C224/EN/contents/id01-0141.html#p104)

Custom Search