PDA

View Full Version : C3351 Airprint setting

Custom Search

repoocynot
02-17-2017, 09:46 AM
Info
You may find the Airprint option missing when going into network settings.Nothing in the service manual tells you how to turn it on.
This is to do with the function ver.
Setting the FW Function version on SW 25 from 60 to 20 allows the selection of Airprint in the Admin - network settings menu page.
Hope this helps

docdot69
11-30-2017, 06:40 PM
did you reported this bug to KM helpdesk?

907tec
11-30-2017, 07:25 PM
I don't think this is a "bug", rather it is a limitation of the function version that you were at. On a lot of machines, the Airprint option isn't available on earlier Function Versions.

docdot69
11-30-2017, 07:36 PM
I don't think this is a "bug", rather it is a limitation of the function version that you were at. On a lot of machines, the Airprint option isn't available on earlier Function Versions.

but when setting soft switch 25 from hex 60 to hex 20 you are downgrading function version! so i don't understand why newer firmware should restrict some functions? always newer firmware has higher hex in soft switch 25. and hex 60 is function version 3.2 as i remember deployed with firmware version g00-k8

Synthohol
12-01-2017, 12:11 AM
the official answer is:
Problem
AirPrint button is not available in Administrator Mode > Network

Solution
CAUSE: Incorrect software switch setting.

SOLUTION: Perform the following procedure:

1. Enter Service Mode.
2. Select System 2.
3. Select Software Switch Settings.
4. Select Sw 25.
5. Change setting to HEX 40 and select Fix.
6. Cycle the power on the machine and now the AirPrint button should be available to select.

allan
12-01-2017, 04:07 AM
but when setting soft switch 25 from hex 60 to hex 20 you are downgrading function version! so i don't understand why newer firmware should restrict some functions? always newer firmware has higher hex in soft switch 25. and hex 60 is function version 3.2 as i remember deployed with firmware version g00-k8

Don't think of it as a higher or lower level. Its there to resolve incompatibilities between different technologies and functions.
So instead of endlessly loading firmware its fixable with a soft switch.

Custom Search