PDA

View Full Version : KM Cxx4 or newer // ignore driver paper type setting

Custom Search

Gift
02-20-2017, 12:05 PM
I have a customer using different paper weights / types and since the IT + software end is a bit tricky it would be great if I could only set up these paper settings only MFP wise. I know from Ricoh a setting called "auto continue" i can change to "immediately" so there's no pop up when a paper type mismatch occures. In this case the machine treats the paper with the settings stored MFP-wise.

Any chance to do this trick with a KM MFP?

thx for any input

blackcat4866
02-20-2017, 01:16 PM
Not that I'm aware of. The request must match what's available. =^..^=

rrrohan
02-20-2017, 01:36 PM
Why not setup a seperate printer cue that defaults to the customer paper weight and tray

Gift
02-21-2017, 08:41 AM
Why not setup a seperate printer cue that defaults to the customer paper weight and tray

Might be an option but if you look at the customers shelf there's so much different stuff :p

rrrohan
02-21-2017, 11:08 AM
Might be an option but if you look at the customers shelf there's so much different stuff :p
well if they have a lot of different stock of paper assuming thats what you meant by that comment maybe its best its not set at the copier

least your customer sets correct paper type, the amount of customers i get "well i have 180GSM paper but copier does max 163GSM so i set it to that but its smudges"

what i tell my customers who do envelopes from bypass tray is tell it to print and then load the media.

I setup a separate cue for custom paper stock jobs that saves to a user box. that way it wont start until they are at copier loading paper and wont hold up others prints

Often if you justify the way KM forces things such as saying "it prevents other users accidentally printing on expensive glossy paper by mistake" customers will accept the extra steps

srvctec
02-27-2017, 10:02 PM
This actually CAN be done on the new xx8 series machines but only for the bypass tray. See attached photo. This is from a C258.

http://i.imgur.com/gpev9OY.jpg

Custom Search