PDA

View Full Version : IC 412 Fiery Controller Bizhub C452 Shows Please wait / no ping

Custom Search

copylogic
02-21-2017, 10:21 AM
Hi I have a IC 412, that was called in as cant print, the Bizhub C452 controller menu, shows " Please Wait" but never comes to ready. The Fiery IP address is fixed 172.126.1.5 but will not respond to ping. Although the green data light shows on the Lan network port. The Copier network port responds to ping. When I attach a LCD screen to the Fiery, I can see the normal data "Linux decompressing" followed by "Booting the Kernel"

I have downloaded the iso images of the Fiery system software from KM support and ran the USB Utility to copy data from ISO in DVD drive to the attached hard disk. Just a note the hard disk has been removed from the fiery is temporarily attached to to my windows 7 PC with its SATA cable. My issue is that the USB Prep Tool utility cannot see the FIery hard drive, Although I can see it in disk management, my understanding is that the Fiery hard drive is partitioned into about 8 separate segments, but as each segment has not been allocated a drive letter it is invisible to the Prep Tool

Does anyone have a detailed "How to reload Fiery system software document / video they can post. Please bear in mind I cannot connect to the fiery via the LAN network port. UMM... wonder if i can via the copier network port.

Synthohol
02-21-2017, 12:23 PM
i think you are going about this all wrong, do you want a manual?
honestly the easiest way this is performed burn a dvd with the ISO or use PowerISO and let the PC treat the ISO as a virtual DVD and click on the fiery.exe program and follow the on screen instructions.
the ethernet cable goes to the copier port not lan, flip the 2 switches up and start the install, it will find the ehernet port and start the install.
the USB prep tool is to burn the image to a flash drive and you can install from that but the switches stay in the normal position.
here, put it all back together there was no reason to remove the covers.

fwiw, since the HDD is out and on a PC, you can delete all the partitions, leave unformatted and the fiery software will do the rest.
it takes less than an hour. i think you went a bit overboard here :)

copylogic
02-21-2017, 04:04 PM
Thanks for the manual, I have completed the fresh installation of the system software to the hard disk. And then set the software switches back to OFF. I still have an issue in that the LAN network port does not respond although the led network activity lamps illuminate. And the bizhub Fiery menu shows the Fiery status as equal to "Please Wait" and does not progress to system idle. My next thought is to take the motherboard out and see if it can be sent away for repair.

IS it possible to set the network interfaces to DHCP without being able to access the fiery menu on the Bizhub or access via a Cat 5 cable?

Is there a Fiery utility that can connect to the copier (network) port and show the health of the fiery?

Synthohol
02-21-2017, 05:09 PM
That first reboot after system software installation sometimes can take up to 20 minutes before it comes to ready at that time the setup needs to be performed Through The copier control panel assigning an IP address and also allowing it to assign The copier its own IP address in network under administrator it should be set to automatically obtain address and there is a firey setting as well to assign the engine an IP. what happens is it gives the copy machine the next IP address up from the fierys address.

Synthohol
02-22-2017, 12:43 PM
how did you make out?

parsmehregan
03-04-2017, 08:13 AM
Thanks for the manual, I have completed the fresh installation of the system software to the hard disk. And then set the software switches back to OFF. I still have an issue in that the LAN network port does not respond although the led network activity lamps illuminate. And the bizhub Fiery menu shows the Fiery status as equal to "Please Wait" and does not progress to system idle. My next thought is to take the motherboard out and see if it can be sent away for repair.

IS it possible to set the network interfaces to DHCP without being able to access the fiery menu on the Bizhub or access via a Cat 5 cable?

Is there a Fiery utility that can connect to the copier (network) port and show the health of the fiery?

Well , I have the same problem with IC-402 when I reinstall system software on it through PC. the procedure is in the manual , but MFP couldn't recognize the fiery.after some search ,it seems as if extra hardware driver needed for the fiery(different from installing fiery on a PC ). like when installing windows operating system on a pc ,after installation, hardware driver installation is necessary for communicating between OS and hardware, some driver should be installed for fiery system software and it's hardware and MFP Os , which I couldn't found them !
the only way remaining is to clone fiery hard disk with a healthy one , and it worked!

for using the Bizhub without fiery ,on the MFP panel set:
Utility--> detail-->stop00-->stop01--> code--> system2-->image controller --> set to 0 for empron controller(MFP) OR 1 for using fiery.
Before rebooting disconnect fiery cable from machine . After rebooting the MFP comes up without Fiery , then you can set the network.

good luck

Custom Search