PDA

View Full Version : error deletion

Custom Search

kingarthur
02-21-2017, 03:19 PM
got a weird one, have put out 5 machines for a couple of weeks, used primarily as scanners, to user box, then to usb, when they get a misfeed in the RADF, they remove the misfeed and the machine deletes the job, in the job list it says "error deletion" and the reason it gives "adf open during operation", I've checked the job reset settings, and I've also replicated the settings on a machine in our workshop, which works fine when I create a misfeed, I suspect the customer has been playing around with settings, has anyone seen this problem , it's happening on a C224 and C220

Cheers

rrrohan
02-22-2017, 05:12 AM
got a weird one, have put out 5 machines for a couple of weeks, used primarily as scanners, to user box, then to usb, when they get a misfeed in the RADF, they remove the misfeed and the machine deletes the job, in the job list it says "error deletion" and the reason it gives "adf open during operation", I've checked the job reset settings, and I've also replicated the settings on a machine in our workshop, which works fine when I create a misfeed, I suspect the customer has been playing around with settings, has anyone seen this problem , it's happening on a C224 and C220

Cheers

is the issue of the entire job being deleted if a jam occurs only when using scan to user box? try scanning to email and force a jam

kingarthur
02-22-2017, 08:26 AM
is the issue of the entire job being deleted if a jam occurs only when using scan to user box? try scanning to email and force a jam

Unfortunately they have no network, luckily the machines are only there for a couple of weeks, we were asked to supply 2 machines to be used as flat bed scanners as the customer was installing a temporary network with proper document scanners, when we arrived on site, we discovered that everything had changed and they weren't installing any network or any other scanners, they wanted to use our machines purely for scanning to 4TB external memories, which didn't work as the memories was too large for the machines to recognise, so we set up user boxes for them to scan to, then transfer to 64GB memory sticks, which is then transferred to a laptop...we now have 5 machines, used purely as scanners, getting totally wrecked by the amount going through the RADFs

emujo
02-22-2017, 01:18 PM
Scan to user box/USB takes quite some time, especially with a large stack in the feeder. IMO...the user is attempting to clear a jam while the MFP is still processing the large amount of scanned image data. The ADF is opened before the scan is complete breaking the connection resulting in error deletion due to adf opened during job. Emujo

mo0651
02-22-2017, 02:17 PM
I have seen these machine STOP(pause), while processing the data, and then resume scanning. I wonder if they think it jammed and opened the ADF.:cool:

kingarthur
02-22-2017, 03:18 PM
I've sent a 200+ page job on our showroom machine, forced it to misfeed at various times and it resumed the job after I removed the misfeed, I haven't been able to get into tech rep on the machines we have out there to check misfeed codes,as they are in constant use.... mo0651, that does sound plausible :) , hopefully the job will be finished this week....

Custom Search