PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta Color Production Press Printers

Custom Search

reckless
02-23-2017, 07:07 AM
I currently have a C6000, it was the most we could afford to pay outright last year. I always feel guilty I didn't spend more to get a newer, better model. We use the machine to print books and posters. We then UV Coat the posters/book covers using an offline Tec Lighting UV machine. Using the proper UV coating has been important in order to get a proper UV adhesion. Everything has been very nice and professionally done but I always want more.

What real benefit is there with a C6500/1060 in terms of image quality? I like machines that are extremely robust and don't give me many problems. Should I be happy with my old C6000? One technician told me the newer units are more problematic.

Any comments/feedback from people who have real world experience with these machines is appreciated!

reckless
02-23-2017, 07:46 AM
Konica Minolta Launches High Performance, Versatile New Series for the Commercial Printing Industry – Industry Analysts, Inc. (http://industryanalysts.com/22217_konica/)

The new Konica Minolta Presses don't sound to enticing to me... it doesn't seem like a huge development? When someone gets some hands on with an accurio, please post here. Otherwise I am pretty disappointed and will have to wait 3 years before they bring out a new version. If this was an iphone it would be the equivalent to an Iphone 5s, where I want something revolutionary.

wjurls
02-23-2017, 08:06 PM
The C1060/C1070 series produce outstanding color prints and are quite reliable (more reliable than the C6000). I have a number of them out there and as long as you don't try cutting corners on maintenance (Drums, DV Units etc,) they will produce consistently phenomenal color quality prints. I also have a few C6500 and C6501's out in the field but they seem to require a lot more attention then my C1060's. Cost per copy will be close to your current C6000. C1060 is basically updated model to the C6000. C1060/C1070 has been replaced now with the C2060/C2070.

That said, I would just keep the C6000 and run it until your costs start getting high. The color quality is better on a C1060 but at what cost?

Lee
The Copy Guys
Riverside, Ca

oxident
02-23-2017, 10:53 PM
Well, I can only tell that we had two C6000 in duty for about 4 years now and I'd never been that happy with any other machine before.
If they weren't just "borrowed" I would really continue to use them because their quality and stability is outstanding.

I can't tell anything about the C1060 or even 2060 series but I wouldn't say they've changed much so the "old series" is still a real good choice.

reckless
02-23-2017, 11:03 PM
My Minolta Serviceman stopped by today and was telling me he thought that the C1060 had some improvements on graphic output when compared to the C6000. He also felt the news about the acurrio models just being a rehash of the C1060.

methogod
02-26-2017, 09:35 PM
If you want to beef up go to the 1085 or 1100. I think they can rig online UV coating if you can put it inline with your UV coater.

I am just waiting for them to show up on the second hard market...

We run 3 C6501s and we run the crap out of them...

We too agree its time for more speed and upgrades. The fact you can run heavy stock at full speed is what i think is most important as well as the 2nd fuser.

Custom Search