PDA

View Full Version : C450 lines on output.

Custom Search

nyclad
02-25-2017, 01:24 AM
Hi guys,

I have a KM Bizhub C450 I bought at a liquidation auction. I'm getting a sub scan line across everything that prints out of it, all 4 colors. Plus a little bit of ghosting.
Here's the demo page. 35735

I cleaned the machine out, replaced the transfer belt unit, and cleaned all the rollers the best I could.
I'm thinking the error is in the fuser somewhere since the transfer belt replacement did nothing. Any ideas where to look to fix this and what to do? I'm just not finding anything obvious like roller scratches, etc...

Thanks!
nyclad

Woxner
02-25-2017, 04:49 AM
looks like drum check all the colors one at a time.you could clean printheads as well

blackcat4866
02-25-2017, 12:45 PM
My guess is that a couple of the laser slit glasses are dirty. Try the wand. Or disassemble. =^..^=

nyclad
02-27-2017, 01:22 AM
I tried the cleaning wand on the lens array and cleaned each imaging unit drum. I also used the little plungers (the ones that go back and forth) on the imaging units to clean it. Then I printed out the test colors.

In running the individual colors, I notice there aren't any of the culprit lines to the black color, just the CYM.

I cleaned the fuser entrance guide plate (basically a plastic lip) and didn't see anything sticking out that would cause the lines, and it was odd that it was not on the black.

I noticed a whole different issue with the M going before the Y, as there's M streaking onto the Y test print.
I'm still thinking the image transfer belt is not the culprit, as it's less than 50 prints new. Thanks in advance!

Flash
02-27-2017, 11:56 PM
Pull out the black imaging unit. There is a black mylar on top of the unit. I have seen these stick up enough to rub against the transfer belt. You can tape it down so it doesn't stick up.

nyclad
03-09-2017, 11:32 PM
I didn't see any black mylar sticking out of the black imaging unit, but it was at the end of it's service life anyways, so I replaced it. Lo and behold, lines gone! ;)

Thanks all!

blackcat4866
03-10-2017, 12:10 AM
Congratulations on your success. Thanks for posting back. =^..^=

Custom Search