PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 751 Win 10 Questions

Custom Search

nmfaxman
02-27-2017, 07:16 PM
I have a customer with outside IT guy that upgraded all the workstations to Win 10.
Customer complaining that some workstations cause the machine to jam.
I watched as a MS word document sat in the queue for 5 minutes, then try to take the paper and then show a jam code.
I plugged in my laptop to the copier and printed from even a Sharp PCL6 driver with no hesitation.
IT guy blaming the copier (as usual).
Is there firmware that has to be installed?

Two machines side by side that are identical doing the same thing when printing.
How else can I prove to customer that it is the network and not the machines????

Thanks for any input.

srvctec
02-27-2017, 07:40 PM
Sounds like you've already proved it's the network and not the machine by completely taking the network out of the loop and printing from your laptop. That's how I would do it. If they can't see the logic in that then smack some sense into them. ;)

Albonline
02-27-2017, 08:21 PM
was the raw port on that a strange number 10001 or something like that. may try switching to lpr port

Synthohol
02-27-2017, 08:49 PM
are they using the correct driver? only win 10 64 bit is directly supported, 32 bit users should use the real windows 8 driver.
hope they are not using that garbage universal driver...
heres the driver doc for win 10 64 bit.

nmfaxman
02-27-2017, 09:38 PM
was the raw port on that a strange number 10001 or something like that. may try switching to lpr port

On my laptop I have LPR selected with Print as the queue name.
IT guy says it installed LPR as the queue name automatically so that can't be the cause.

Now customer wants me to run one of their jobs to prove it works.
They think duplex and stapling is going to make a difference when the machine is stalling before it even feeds a piece of paper.

Custom Search