PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous CS Remote Care

Custom Search

Eugene74
03-02-2017, 10:44 AM
Good Day All,

We've been task to connect a machine (B287) with CSRC via Email (1-way communication), we've been given all the server settings (SMTP address and authentication credetials) the client need this to be connected via TSL protocol over port 25. We can't find any place to specify TSL protocol (like in scan to email, were this is available) and if we leave it on port 25 we get connection error and if we change it to 587 (default TSL port number) we also get a connection error. We went through the soft switched in the service manual and there are no switch to activate TSL or even a place were we could load a TSL certificate.

Does anyone else had such a problem before or could you please point s in the right direction.

Many thanks,
Eugene.

Synthohol
03-02-2017, 12:10 PM
maybe this will help?

emujo
03-02-2017, 01:44 PM
CSRC (or Vcare) is designed to work with KM servers, and you can use KMs vcare email server to send the notifications. You may also use the customers mail server to send the same notifications, but they still need to go to the KM email address. CSRC does not support TLS at this time, and since the preferred method of sending is via HTTP or HTTP(s), I doubt that they are going to replace the system with one that can accept an email over TLS. If you are just trying to send meter/consumable info why not use the PSWC settings for notifications. Emujo

Eugene74
03-03-2017, 08:48 AM
Thank you for your input. The customer's currently on notification via email, but requested changing it over to VCare. I'm sure the developers will not do adjustments on a system that works for only one machine. The customer just need to work like they currently do or need to open port 25 without any security protocol enabled.

Once again thanks.

emujo
03-03-2017, 02:35 PM
Then you have your answer, and I'm still not sure why TLS is part of the question...KM will accept the mail over port 25 or 2525, you are correct, the customer just needs to open the ports, BUT, the C227 can send via HTTP or HTTPs. Why not send using this method? The MFP just needs an connection to the outside world. IF it's a security concern, KM can provide the vcare white papers showing vcare is pretty secure using either mode. Emujo

Custom Search