PDA

View Full Version : new to Konica Minolta C3350

Custom Search

copiertec
03-02-2017, 12:34 PM
I'm new to the Konica Minolta Bizhub C3350 and I am trying to learn as much as I can about it, I have access to parts and service manuals. It reminds me of the Sharp Frontier series. Any advice, thoughts or heads up on this MFD? I haven't seen too many post on it here.

emujo
03-02-2017, 01:27 PM
Issues with sleep modes, ADF is weak, and it doesn't interface well with 3rd party apps. Solid desktop printer though, and KM is releasing firmware on a regular basis to make it more like the office series. Emujo

copiertec
03-02-2017, 01:50 PM
Issues with sleep modes, ADF is weak, and it doesn't interface well with 3rd party apps. Solid desktop printer though, and KM is releasing firmware on a regular basis to make it more like the office series. Emujo
As far as the adf, have there been modifications? Or just weak in general?

CraigW
03-02-2017, 03:53 PM
ADF feed assembly wears fast, Is $$$, and the part # has stayed the same, meaning no changes/improvement/modifications have been applied to it.

allan
03-02-2017, 05:35 PM
All the customers I tend knows how to clean the feed rollers on those type of DF's.
Teach them to use a damp not a wet cloth with a single drop of dish-wash soap.
Rollers don't really wear just gets dirty and stops feeding poor design in my opinion.

... the IU's can be cheated to reduce running cost.

allan
03-02-2017, 05:39 PM
ADF feed assembly wears fast, Is $$$, and the part # has stayed the same, meaning no changes/improvement/modifications have been applied to it.

You can fix the ratchet by cutting a groove at the end of the female bit and snapping a single turn of a spring that fits over it.
Its a stupid revers assy to lift the rollers after feeding.

copiertec
03-02-2017, 05:57 PM
All the customers I tend knows how to clean the feed rollers on those type of DF's.
Teach them to use a damp not a wet cloth with a single drop of dish-wash soap.
Rollers don't really wear just gets dirty and stops feeding poor design in my opinion.

... the IU's can be cheated to reduce running cost.

You have my undivided attention. How?

emujo
03-02-2017, 06:08 PM
Very slow, only LT-R LG feeding, low capacity and parts wear quickly. Emujo

habik
03-02-2017, 09:23 PM
You can fix the ratchet by cutting a groove at the end of the female bit and snapping a single turn of a spring that fits over it.
Its a stupid revers assy to lift the rollers after feeding.

Thats a very decent idea Allan! Thanks for that. I've used some Scotch tape across the female opening slots almost like semi-harley clutch. :D

allan
03-03-2017, 03:40 AM
You have my undivided attention. How?

Only if i don't get burned at the stake.
You can modify the IU K to be used as CMY.

copiertec
03-03-2017, 01:08 PM
Only if i don't get burned at the stake.
You can modify the IU K to be used as CMY.
If anybody tries to burn you at the stake... I'll give them an old can of "whoop-ass," they wish they never tasted. Thank you for your help.

Custom Search