PDA

View Full Version : center fold whit c458

Custom Search

yvon savaria
03-06-2017, 12:17 AM
Hi every one i have a problem my customer want to make booklet center en staple on 11x18 whit a glossy paper, but to have the toner fix well on this paper we have use thick 1 but the machine dont want that supposing that we have a thick paper but it is a normal paper but very glossy ???

do you think a special firmware can gave me permission to print on thick 1 anyway,, hi already but the fuser to max

thank you

mascan42
03-06-2017, 02:57 AM
Is your problem that you can't fold more than 1 sheet of thick paper? If that's the issue, there is no special firmware available to change this. The only suggestion I can make is to increase the fuser temperature for plain paper and see if that solves the fusing issue.

yvon savaria
03-06-2017, 02:22 PM
Is your problem that you can't fold more than 1 sheet of thick paper? If that's the issue, there is no special firmware available to change this. The only suggestion I can make is to increase the fuser temperature for plain paper and see if that solves the fusing issue.

yes i try this but not enouf range only 10 degree it is not enouf it will be perfect to tell the copier thick 1 that ajust the temp the speed and the pressure, cause the finisser can easily fold this paper

thank'S

mx6turbo89
03-06-2017, 02:42 PM
yes i try this but not enouf range only 10 degree it is not enouf it will be perfect to tell the copier thick 1 that ajust the temp the speed and the pressure, cause the finisser can easily fold this paper

thank'S

Once you've maxed out the fixing temperature, you've done all you can do. The finisher may be capable of folding that specific paper, but it won't perform reliably because it wasn't designed for thick paper (aside from one cover), hence the reason why the option isn't available. This model line is designed for an office environment, so if your customer wishes to produce booklets using thick stock, they need to move to a production machine.

tech51
03-07-2017, 05:52 PM
I would check the machine specs. I doubt any coated or glossy stock is supported on this range.

emujo
03-07-2017, 06:05 PM
It's not, if you chose thick mode, you can't use the SD (except for cover stock) if you go ahead and run thick stock w/o telling the MFP the media type you risk PCQ, and with larger booklets you risk staple/and or fold failure. The correct thing would be to find a glossy stock that is supported instead of "engineering" it as a work around. Emujo

allan
03-07-2017, 06:34 PM
...Or

Print the job on thick.
Then load it back in the tray and center fold and staple by printing pages with a dot on it or copy white paper.

Or simply get a saddle stitch stapler.

the jams are on your hands.

yvon savaria
03-10-2017, 12:56 PM
Thank you, ,, what kind of paper do you think is the beautiful one ??

...Or

Print the job on thick.
Then load it back in the tray and center fold and staple by printing pages with a dot on it or copy white paper.

Or simply get a saddle stitch stapler.

the jams are on your hands.

Elmo
03-10-2017, 01:24 PM
paper types
Confirm the Available Paper Types (http://manuals.konicaminolta.eu/bizhub-C658-C558-C458-C368-C308-C258-UD/EN/contents/id10-_102037775.html)

paper weights
https://www.biz.konicaminolta.com/colour/c658_c558_c458/pdf/bizhub_c658_c558_c458_spec_sheet_en.pdf

This is an office machine you need a Production machine to do that type of work

Custom Search