PDA

View Full Version : Remote Panel - Does it even work?

Custom Search

SlipperyCat
03-08-2017, 04:09 PM
What's up peeps!

Ok, there's talk about this ability for Remote Panel on certain Konica machines. For instance, let's say it's a C308 for example. How do you setup Remote Panel where it actually works? I've never really messed with it too much but remember years back a really sharp IT guy from a major company who purchased Konica equipment got it to eventually work, but commented he had to jump through a bunch of hoops and it wasn't straight forward at all. I'm trying to remember if he mentioned he had to open up certain port/s to make it talk right but not sure.

Thanks for any feedback on this one.

Froota
03-08-2017, 04:41 PM
Hi,

Remote panel on a Konica Minolta is working fine, but there are some things you have to change.

CE password has to be enabled. (set to ON)

After this you can find the option 'remote panel server setting' under admin mode\network settings\ remote panel settings\server settings.

After this you can connect to your device with the url https://MFP IP Address:50443/panel.top.html

Succes!

Regards

SlipperyCat
03-09-2017, 01:52 PM
Thanks for the info. Yeah, we've tried all that and it doesn't work. Also you must create a certificate first, which we did. Once we enabled CE password it caused other issues with the machine. So, we gave up.

Every time I've come across trying to setup Remote Panel is seems to cause more problems than it's really worth to be quite honest.

So for now we aren't going to pursue it unless it's necessary for the client. At that point we will deal with Konica direct while in front of machine.

Max
03-10-2017, 10:34 AM
http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/113786-access-c284e-ce-mode-remotely.html

REGSIS
03-10-2017, 04:24 PM
Is it possible to connect remotely outside local network (via internet) in this way.
Reading this kind a threads and makes no sense to me to input MFP address (local IP address of the machine) when connecting "without traveling to customer site" as someone stated in similar thread.

Max
03-13-2017, 11:27 AM
Use TeamViewer or similar to remotely log on to customer network. Then follow instructions for remote connection.

Custom Search