PDA

View Full Version : CQ Bizhub c284 ITBs not lasting

Custom Search

tekkie
03-14-2017, 08:52 PM
I have 3 Bizhubs c 284s in the same building was giving poor cleaning on ITBs cleaned ITB blade and cleaned up Trans belts mcs had done their life so replaced ITB and transfer rollers and drums new ITB only lasted about 20k and smae thing again poor cleaning of ITB and marks front and rear

copier tech
03-14-2017, 09:14 PM
Are they using genuine KM toner?

tekkie
03-14-2017, 09:18 PM
Are they using genuine KM toner?
no its compatible toner

copier tech
03-14-2017, 09:21 PM
no its compatible toner

No further questions..........

Case closed.

cscce
03-14-2017, 09:32 PM
Compatibles tend to be gritty, shortening the life of everything they touch. They are often just ground up particles. Genuine toners are chemically formed so the particles are of a uniform size and shape - much gentler on components. Switch to genuine KM toner.

copyman
03-14-2017, 10:28 PM
I find it hard to believe compatible toner would damage a trans belt in 20k pages. But since you have 3 machines doing the same thing, all using compat toner not sure what else it could be.

Is there any documentation about toner wearing the belt? Don't think I've ever heard this before, only quality issues. I only use genuine k/m consumables so I haven't had any issues but would like to know in case I'm ever in a pinch and can only get a compatible.

vedder
03-15-2017, 10:09 AM
we are having a problem on c227 transfer belts (not sure if they are the same as the c284) we have had a few fail after about 20k on the machine, all on original toner, I have had a conversation with konica who claims they have had a "handful" of issues and it is been looked into, we are changing them over and claiming warrenty, unfortunatley they are out of stock at the moment, so we are having to go back everynow and then to vac out/clean the cleaning section.

I`m not saying your issue may not be compat toner related though, I`ve had major issues in the past with compats, unfortunately until it has in what it should have in, you will never know.

Max
03-15-2017, 03:08 PM
Poor quality recycle paper?

REGSIS
03-15-2017, 07:34 PM
4 series ITB (same for 8 series) can run 450k without stripes but at that stage quality is very poor.
I replace ITB on EOL message at 300k (office use). For graphics designer kind of customers I replace ITB between 50k and 100k because of eneven density, but that's all with heavier paper, mainly 300g/m2.
And that belt can continue to work in some office machine (where high quality details is not priority) without any issues.

All genuine parts and toners on my machines. :)

So, since there's no known issue with ITB, must be compatible toner or paper or both.

copyman
03-16-2017, 12:32 AM
One poster mentioned something about the generic toner being "gritty", this would make since with all 3 machines doing same thing. Only thing I questioned was original poster said ITB's were only lasting 20k pages. Seems like that toner would have to be very "gritty" to ruin a belt that quick.

You know what "gritty" rhymes with...... "shitty", that's what generic toner is! :cool:

blackcat4866
03-16-2017, 12:47 AM

You know what "gritty" rhymes with...... "shitty", that's what generic toner is! :cool:

But they're saving money! Until none of the consumable make yield, then not so much. =^..^=

copyman
03-16-2017, 02:38 AM
Yep, same old story "pay now or pay later". Usually later ends up costing a lot more!

blackcat4866
03-16-2017, 02:59 AM
It's like those green Katun feed rollers. You can save $10 per roller! Of course they only last 90K instead of 490K, so you get the opportunity to change them 5 times more often. And the labor is free, isn't it? And the travel time ... that doesn't count either.

All this cost saving! I can't stand it. =^..^=

qbert69
03-16-2017, 02:14 PM
It's like those green Katun feed rollers. You can save $10 per roller! Of course they only last 90K instead of 490K, so you get the opportunity to change them 5 times more often. And the labor is free, isn't it? And the travel time ... that doesn't count either.

All this cost saving! I can't stand it. =^..^=

...Stupid Is, As Stupid Does!

:cool:

allan
03-16-2017, 04:33 PM
As the saying goes "penny wise pound foolish".

Custom Search