PDA

View Full Version : Konica 8650 Tray 3 printing

Custom Search

jonbonse
03-17-2017, 02:58 PM
Hi all

I have a client with a 8650 printer who when choose 'auto' in the print driver for which tray the printer prints from, the printer flags a message saying size/media error.

ie: So they have an Plain A3 document and there is A3 plain paper in cassette 2, they choose print with the 'auto' tray select settings (to automatically choose the correct paper tray), the application used is Microsoft Word and the document is set to A3.

This only happens when they want to print to the bottom cassette (cassette 2).

Now when they choose the actual tray rather than leave it on auto, the printer prints the document....

They need it to work automatically so if there is A3 paper inthe tray the printer automatically chooses that tray and visa versa for A4...

Is there a setting I have missed??

mo0651
03-17-2017, 03:20 PM
Print a config page out of printer and see if that is what printer thinks it has.

copier addict
03-17-2017, 07:51 PM
Sounds like you have to set up the auto tray selection or tray priority. Likely in user mode.

Phil B.
03-17-2017, 09:02 PM
Hi all

I have a client with a 8650 printer who when choose 'auto' in the print driver for which tray the printer prints from, the printer flags a message saying size/media error.

ie: So they have an Plain A3 document and there is A3 plain paper in cassette 2, they choose print with the 'auto' tray select settings (to automatically choose the correct paper tray), the application used is Microsoft Word and the document is set to A3.

This only happens when they want to print to the bottom cassette (cassette 2).

Now when they choose the actual tray rather than leave it on auto, the printer prints the document....

They need it to work automatically so if there is A3 paper inthe tray the printer automatically chooses that tray and visa versa for A4...

Is there a setting I have missed??
could be the printer settings for the TYPE plain/letterhead/rough.. if you pick the tray the machine will use setting on the printer for that tray.

jonbonse
03-22-2017, 11:06 AM
Print a config page out of printer and see if that is what printer thinks it has.

Thanks

I have already checked this and the top cassette says A4 LEF, cassette 2 says A3 SEF and both paper types are set to 'Plain'.

jonbonse
03-22-2017, 11:06 AM
could be the printer settings for the TYPE plain/letterhead/rough.. if you pick the tray the machine will use setting on the printer for that tray.

Thanks

Both cassettes are set to Plain.......

Custom Search