PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C220 weak black output

Custom Search

va2ir
03-19-2017, 06:45 PM
Good day. I have a C220 (under contract) but today ran into an issue. While running a short magazine job, the black type started to color shift to a dark blue, and then got faded.

So I ran a sheet of color bars, CMY we all fine. Black was not black, but kind of a faded dark blue. Is this a developer issue? THe black clutch was changed a year ago, but that resulted in blank pages, not faded.

In my old C450, this would have been a signal to change out the imaging unit.

As someone on here suggested, I tried an old black drum unit for the C220, and the result was the same. Toner is original , and brand new.

Thanks

Ian R.

blackcat4866
03-19-2017, 06:49 PM
I'd lean toward the black developing unit myself. Are you getting any false toner add indications, or low toner density errors? =^..^=

service_man
03-27-2017, 09:50 AM
Did you get blue color when you print demo page, or only from computer?

Maybe is problem in driver and settings ( PURE BLACK )

Regards

Tech Helpdesk
03-27-2017, 10:31 AM
Good day. I have a C220 (under contract) but today ran into an issue. While running a short magazine job, the black type started to color shift to a dark blue, and then got faded.

So I ran a sheet of color bars, CMY we all fine. Black was not black, but kind of a faded dark blue. Is this a developer issue? THe black clutch was changed a year ago, but that resulted in blank pages, not faded.

In my old C450, this would have been a signal to change out the imaging unit.

As someone on here suggested, I tried an old black drum unit for the C220, and the result was the same. Toner is original , and brand new.

Thanks

Ian R.

Do you have any samples images to show us ? It does sound like your black dev unit is failing but also watch out for dopey customers who can actually manage to fit cyan toner into the black toner socket, if that has happened just put a black toner back in and run about 30 A3 255 test patterns.

Custom Search