PDA

View Full Version : Jamming C35 paper not leaving the tray

Custom Search

allan
03-20-2017, 06:49 PM
This was driving me nuts today.
First thing i picked up was that the contact between the feed roller and the separation roller was uneven.
There was pressure on one side and a light gap on the other side.
The rubber and the one-way clutch was in good condition and adjusting the spring tension did not help much.

So it looked like the rubber sleeve is pressed up against the holder edge on the near side causing the surface to be uneven but mindbogglingly to be higher on the far side.
Used a small flat screwdriver to pry the rubber away from the sleeve holder/cylinder (whatever) to spray some lubricant in there to release the
rubber sleeve from the cylinder allowing it to relax and seat flat again.

Worked like a charm and the machine is feeding again. Swapped out trays and clutches for this same problem on other machines before.
Hope it holds.

Please let me know what you do to fix this issue on these machines.

habik
03-20-2017, 07:44 PM
Think I may have a fix for this. I swapped whole tray, vertical guides. Not good. Eventually I brought the whole RH side door, feed drive mechanism and motor from other working machine in case there is missalingment within m/c. Some said uneven floor or crappy paper is causing it.
With me it some times fed and sometimes jammed. On the third visit after replacing all parts the perfect phenomenon started appearing. No feed despite having new feed & sep roller installed. So manually started feeding by having the tray out of machine and full tray of paper. Eventually the misfeed happened. Feed rotating but paper not moving. The cause was the mylar that is giving the paper the right slip. I had best results with "softer mylar" and the "EXACT" position and height. If it was too high in to the sep roll position as overlap, it will make you to misfeed the last 2-3 sheets. It will however happily feed full tray until it comes to last 2-3 sheet where it will take the lot. If the mylar is shorter or bent sort of inwards towards the paper it will start causing no feed issues(usually when paper is being topped up by having sheet already fed in few mm and user preses down on paper to load more. This will make the one way lock on both the feed and sep and causing a grab on mylar shifting it backwards. It will not flip just make it more upright. Since it is quite hard/thick mylar it will not always recover to its original position and this way it warps or wears quicker).
I had good results with wider and softer mylars across the silver plate. So effectively a modified version. I made a video with other phone so I'll upload it when back home. Hope I made it clear. Believe me, this thing drove me almost off the cliff one day too. :) but I think I won. I wont get beaten by bad design. I rather invent a new one.

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using Tapatalk

allan
03-20-2017, 07:54 PM
Yes please share the video.

Also did the manual feed to get it to get stuck. Diligence made me put only a couple of sheets and a fully loaded tray to test. Worked when i left there.
Makes me real paranoid about comebacks...

habik
03-20-2017, 10:23 PM
No Feed from Tray 2 (Top Cassette)

https://youtu.be/htCvJ7i90Eg

habik
03-20-2017, 10:24 PM
Modification of Tray 2 that worked for me.

https://youtu.be/p5RUj6eeYLY

Custom Search