PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous simple way to authenticate on bizhub C227

Custom Search

Timberland
03-21-2017, 08:13 AM
Hi,

we want to sell a bizhub C227 and the customer want secure printing (pull print) and authentication on the machine.
our customer is a small office, so we dont want to use a solution for corporations (way too expensive).
I prefer a wireless keycard / nfc chip solution.

is it true that I can only use the offical konica card readers or are there any 3rd party readers that will work with bizhubs too?
I thought about buying a simple mifare card reader on amazon for this, but I'm afraid that this wouldnt work.

Could you please give me some advice?

Thanks! :)
Timberland

allan
03-21-2017, 02:25 PM
There is 3de party readers out there like the Omnikey 5125 with loadable device driver.
Problem is that you need the loadable device driver for it to work.

You will be using "ID and Print" not pull print(follow me print) that requires a server.

https://www.google.com/search?q=omnikey+5125&client=firefox-b-ab&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwil5NTJ2ufSAhULLsAKHRy-AAIQ_AUICSgC&biw=1920&bih=969#tbm=isch&q=omnikey+5125+board&*&imgrc=6XGu5P5f8gVKzM:

allan
03-21-2017, 02:31 PM
You should be able to get them from Ysoft or Pcounter.

Timberland
03-21-2017, 03:16 PM
There is 3de party readers out there like the Omnikey 5125 with loadable device driver.
Problem is that you need the loadable device driver for it to work.

I hoped that Omnikey Card Readers will be a solution. But from where do I get these loadable Drivers?

REGSIS
03-23-2017, 08:49 PM
Hi,

we want to sell a bizhub C227 and the customer want secure printing (pull print) and authentication on the machine.
our customer is a small office, so we dont want to use a solution for corporations (way too expensive).
I prefer a wireless keycard / nfc chip solution.

is it true that I can only use the offical konica card readers or are there any 3rd party readers that will work with bizhubs too?
I thought about buying a simple mifare card reader on amazon for this, but I'm afraid that this wouldnt work.

Could you please give me some advice?

Timberland

You can also authenticate by password (no cards/no readers) instant solution which is already in the machine with no extra cost.
You can also utilize secure print option - job is not printed imediately but instead is stored in system user box until user "recalls it" by entering documents' username and password. After job is printed it is automatically deleted from hdd.

Synthohol
03-23-2017, 10:01 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^

Timberland
03-24-2017, 07:57 AM
Thank you all for your replys! :)
I dont want to use the Username and Password solution because in real practice it is too difficult. If it would be only a security number eg. a PIN it would be easier for the users. Print, go to the printer, enter PIN 34989 and get your print. but to print, go to the printer, search in the menü for autenfication (where was it?), enter your username and password are way too much steps for a small but secure printjob.
So I will prefer the contacless keycard solution. And I'm looking for the drivers to get this to work. Does anyone know where I can find it?

Synthohol
03-24-2017, 12:03 PM
Account track can be password only.
always liked that better than authentication.

3dms
10-09-2017, 02:30 PM
hi brother, if you need km card reader or usb card reader load driver ,you can email to me shipeng@s-axa.com,i can help you!

Custom Search